Customer Portal Overview
HostGator has developed a new Customer Portal with a billing and support system that allows you to manage everything related to your HostGator account.
Note: For your account's security purposes, only one admin user is allowed in your Customer Portal and cPanel. It does not have a feature that allows the creation of another user profile.
The Customer Portal and cPanel systems can be accessed individually. This way, you can give a web developer, friend, or associate access to your hosting control panel to build or update your website without giving them access to your billing information within the Customer Portal. Then you can reset the cPanel password when you no longer want them to have access.
A Guide to HostGator's Customer Portal
The video demonstrates some common tasks that can be accomplished within the HostGator Customer Portal.
Jump to a Section
Use the links below to jump to a specific section for more information about the Customer Portal.
- Login ⤵
- Main Menu ⤵
- Hosting ⤵
- Marketplace ⤵
- Email & Office ⤵
- Domains ⤵
- Billing ⤵
- Support ⤵
- My Account ⤵
- Specific Tasks ⤵
- Cancel Account ⤵
- Additional Features ⤵
- Account Addons ⤵
For a more in-depth tutorial on how to access your HostGator Customer Portal, please see the following article:
If you've lost or forgotten your password, you can retrieve your password using the Forgot Your Password link on the login page.
On the left-hand side of every page in your billing account, you will find icons for various areas of your account. Below is a list of each section of the menu and corresponding icons that help with the Customer Portal's various features.
When you first log into your billing account, you will be taken to the Dashboard page, which gives you quick access to your hosting packages, addons, and account management. For Shared and Cloud packages, there are direct links to sections within cPanel.
The Hosting section has been incorporated into your Customer Portal to extend our Single Sign-On initiative. The various icons within this section are outlined below and will take you to the associated cPanel page without requiring your unique cPanel credentials. You can even change between your primary domains if you have multiple shared packages.
- Overview Dashboard - This will be the main landing page when viewing your hosting plan.
- cPanel - Clicking this icon will automatically log you into cPanel, where you can manage your account's hosting. The following articles provide more information:
- Email Accounts- This will take you to the section of your cPanel to create and manage your email accounts for your domain(s). You'll see a list of your email account, and you'll be able to navigate to the inbox by clicking Check Email. You can also create a new email account and connect it to different email clients/devices. Use the following articles to provide more information:
- Install WordPress - WordPress is one of the most widely-used content management systems to create websites. Use the following links to jump right into installing and using WordPress for your website!
- Databases - Create, Modify, or delete MySQL databases and database users. The following articles provide more information:
- Addon Domains - An addon domain is a secondary domain hosted on a cPanel account. For more information, check out these articles:
- phpMyAdmin - phpMyAdmin is a web tool used to handle the administration of MySQL databases. Use the following articles to learn more about phpMyAdmin:
- File Manager - The File Manager is a web interface that allows you to navigate and manage your website files easily. The following articles provide more information:
Server Info & Settings - This is where you will find your hosting package's server details.
- Server - This is your package's server name.
- Username - This is your cPanel's username (Shared and Cloud hosting accounts)
- IP Address - This is your cPanel's Site IP. All domains hosted in this package should be using this IP address as their A records. You will also find this in your cPanel's General Information section on the right-hand side.
- Nameserver 1 & Nameserver 2 are the name servers assigned to your hosting package. You can point your domains to these name servers. Please check this article: How Do I Change My DNS or Name Servers. To learn more about how to point domains to your preferred server.
- Primary Domain - This is your hosting package's primary domain. You will have the option to change your primary domain anytime. Please check this article on how to change your primary domain: Customer Portal - Change Primary Domain.
- Username and Password - This is your cPanel's login information. While the username cannot be modified, you will have the option to reset your cPanel password by clicking the Reset Password button. Please note that the cPanel can only have one user. It does not have a feature to create another user account.
- Shell access - Hosting accounts would have secured shell access enabled by default. To know more about SSH access, please check the article, How Do I Get and Use SSH Access?
- Hosting Package - This is your hosting package type.
- Hosting Plan - The type of plan you chose for your hosting package.
- Package ID - Your hosting package's ID number.
- Renewal Date - This is the date when your package will be renewed. As discussed in the Billing section below, a renewal invoice is automatically generated in your account, as discussed in the Billing section below ⤵.
- Billing Status - It shows whether the hosting package is Active, Suspended, or Cancelled.
- Price - This is your hosting package's price.
- Cancel Package button - You will have the option to cancel or discontinue your hosting package's subscription anytime. Please check this article for the complete guide on how to cancel your hosting account: How Do I Cancel My Account?
You can add and manage addons for your hosting package inside the Marketplace. Here you can search for themes, plugins, and professional services for various software.
Click on the corresponding links below to view more information:
- CodeGuard - Automatically backs your site up and monitors for changes.
- Microsoft 365 - Get Microsoft professional-grade business tools associated with your domain.
- Constant Contact - Create professional email marketing newsletters and monitor their effectiveness.
- Google Workspace - Get Google professional-grade business tools associated with your domain.
- SEO Tools - This DIY SEO tool allows you to increase traffic and boost your online ranking.
- SSL Management - Configure your domain(s) with an SSL to give visitors confidence in your site.
- SiteLock - Protect your website from viruses, malware, hackers, and spam.
- HostGator Website Builder - Create a website in minutes with this point and click the website editor.
- Weebly Builder - Create your site with this WYSIWYG builder in the cloud and publish it to your hosting account.
- One-Click Installs - Quickly Install WordPress and other helpful applications via Softaculous in your cPanel.
- Professional SEO Services - Increase search engine visibility and attract more potential customers with our team of SEO experts.
- Web Design Services - Impress potential clients with a mobile-friendly and search engine optimized site designed by professionals.
- PPC Management Service - Want extra help? Work with our experts at PPC Advertising and increase your website performance and drive revenue.
- Microsoft Ad Credit* - 160 million people use Bing to search online. Make sure your site is at the top of their results.
- Google Ads Credit* - Make it easier for potential visitors to find your site by bringing it to the top of their Google search results.
*Subject to change.
Email & Office
When clicking Domains, you will be brought to the HostGator % domain control panel. For additional information regarding the domain control panel, please see the following articles:
- Domain Management
- How Can I Transfer My Domain to HostGator?
- How Do I Manage the Domain I bought from HostGator?
Invoices will be generated, and automatic payment attempted five days ahead of time for packages less than an annual cycle. Annual cycles and longer will generate invoices fifteen days ahead of time.
If you do not pay with automatic payments, HostGator will attempt to send you an email notification about the new invoice. Remember, you will not receive the "invoice generated" email notification if you have a credit card on file that will automatically pay that invoice.
For more information, see these articles:
The following articles provide details on performing specific Billing/Support Customer Portal tasks that may not be obvious from the menu options.
- Add Package
- Change Primary Domain
- How to Change Your Primary Email Address
- How to Pay Automatically With PayPal
- How to Unsubscribe via PayPal
- Transferring Domains
- Upgrade/Downgrade Hosting Plans
We hate to see you go, but canceling your services shouldn't be hard to do, so we've put together these articles to help you with the process.
- How Do I Cancel My Account?
- How to Unsubscribe via PayPal
- Why Do I Have to Cancel? Why Am I Still Being Invoiced?
- I Already Canceled My Hosting. Why Am I Being Contacted to Pay?
- How To Cancel My Domain Name
At the top of the page, you can find:
- Option to open a Live Chat
- Knowledge Base search bar
- Account Management
Our Addons page lists all the information needed to proceed with the following account addons and services:
- Company Validated SSL Certificates
- Domain Validated SSL Certificates
- Generate CSR
- Purchase Dedicated IP
- SSH Activation Request
- SSL Installation
- Updating Your Primary Domain
Shared Hosting Startup Guide