What is Google Workspace (Formerly G Suite)?
Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) seamlessly integrates Google's Business platform, including Google Email, Docs, Analytics, and much more! Get Google Workspace for your business today!
Google Workspace boasts a wide variety of intuitive tools for your business that work in conjunction with numerous software applications to bring you a slew of additional features. You can find Google products within your web hosting control panel.
This article discusses the following topics.
- Ready, set, Google! ⤵
- How to Order Google Workspace ⤵
- Manage your Google Workspace ⤵
- Feature List and Pricing ⤵
- Google Workspace vs. Gmail ⤵
Ready, set, Google!
Google Workspace puts the power of speed and innovation in your hands as a cost-effective solution to high-priced IT configurations. With robust backend management and streamlined administration, you can create and modify users anytime from anywhere. These applications facilitate collaboration across operating systems, browsers, and devices. Multiple creators can work together in real time on documents, presentations, and spreadsheets for internal or external publications.
Create and attend online meetings with Google Meet using video and calendar integration, allowing you to adjust your schedule on the fly quickly. You can even participate in screen sharing and integrated chat features without video conferencing equipment.
Over 5 million businesses entrust their email services to Google to operate and function globally. Gmail offers easy task management and promotes efficiency with innovations in the inbox organization. A 99.9% uptime guarantee backs this service paired with exceptional 24-hour technical support.
How to Order Google Workspace
Bring the power and scale of Google into your company with flawless performance combined with an uninterrupted workflow. Starting services is now smoother than ever with our onboarding experience. You can easily verify your domain name and even migrate your consumer Gmail account into your new Google Workspace platform.
To order Google Workspace:
- Log in to your Customer Portal.
- Click Marketplace in the left-side menu.
- Under Marketplace, scroll down a bit until you see the Email section where the Google Workspace card is.
- Click on the Shop Now button to initialize the process of adding Google Workspace to your HostGator account.
- You will be redirected to the Front-of-Site, where you can continue with the order process. Click the Sign up button.
- On the next page, fill out the required information. Select your preferred number of users (or seats).
- Choose the domain you want to use with Google Workspace. You can either register for a new domain or use an existing domain.
- To register a new domain, enter a domain to search for its availability. If the domain is available, proceed with the domain registration.
- To use your existing domain, put a checkmark on "I want to use a domain I already own," enter your domain, then click Use this Domain Name button.
- Continue filling out the next pages until the Checkout page. You'll be asked to enter a payment method if you don't have one on file.
- Once payment is made, you will see the Email & Office tab in your Customer Portal.
- Click the Email and Office tab to display the Google Workspace and cPanel Email options.
- You may now start setting up your Google Workspace account. Please see the Manage your Google Workspace section below.
You may also go directly to our front-of-site to purchase Google Workspace, though it may prompt you to log into your HostGator Customer Portal and finalize the purchase there.
Manage your Google Workspace
You can find additional information as to the necessary steps to verify your domain, update the CNAME, and modify your MX entry using the following tutorials.
If you already have or ever had a Google Workspace account with HostGator or another Google Workspace reseller, you will need to retrieve a transfer token before you can link your domain to another Google Workspace account. Please refer to the following article to guide you through this process and find the HostGator Reseller Public Identifiers.
Feature List and Pricing
Google Workspace has the following features
- Professional email address ([email protected])
- Video and voice calls
- Integrated online calendars
- 30GB of online storage for file syncing and sharing
- Online text documents, spreadsheets, and slides
- Easy to create project sites
- Security and admin controls
- Mobile device management
- 24/7 live support
Please visit our Google Workspace front-of-site to see the features and current prices.
Google Workspace vs. Gmail
So, why would you pay for Google Workspace if you can get Gmail for free? Well, free Gmail offers a lot of great features for personal use. On the other hand, Google Workspace provides you with the business versions of the tools and services you may already know and love, plus even more. For a business, security is vital, and Google Workspace offers you peace of mind over data security with centralized administration and simplified endpoint management.
With a Gmail account, you can only use the @gmail.com extension. However, Google Workspace allows you to use your domain for all email accounts, which further aids customers' trust in you. You also can create group email boxes and shared calendars to keep teams organized and on the same page. Another bonus is that this functionality is available without leaving the business Gmail app, regardless of whether you're on a phone, desktop, or another mobile device.
If you need personal email and occasional access to Google Apps, then a free Gmail account may be best for you. However, if you have a business that you want to manage securely and need to make it easy for your team to collaborate from anywhere while keeping your data secure, then Google Workspace may be the right fit for you.