How to Enable Domain Privacy
According to ICANN regulation, you know, the group of people who solely focus on domains and all the stuff about them, created a regulation stating that contact information for a domain must be submitted when you purchase a domain name. This information is made publicly available through a WHOIS Directory. All domain owners (registrar) are required to keep accurate, current, and valid personal or business contact information for their domain. But let's say you don't want your personal contact information for your domain accessible to everyone on the world wide web. In order to make ICANN happy in providing accurate contact information and not allowing your personal contact information to be online, you can simply purchase Domain Privacy to appease everyone.
In this article, we'll discuss the following topics regarding Domain Privacy.
What is Domain Privacy?
Domain privacy is an addon service that allows you to keep your personal and business contact information private from prying eyes, such as your name, address, email, and phone number, while still fulfilling that you list valid contact information for your domain.
For more information about Domain Privacy and why you must have it for your domain, please visit the following article.
Enabling Domain Privacy
The following instructions will show you how to enable Domain Privacy for your domains via the Customer Portal. Most Enom and Launchpad domains can be managed in your portal.
To enable (or disable) Domain Privacy:
- Log in to Customer Portal.
- Click Domains from the left menu.
- Locate the domain you wish to update and click More.
- Under Domain Overview, look for Privacy and click its Change link.
Alternatively, you can also click Domain Privacy from the left-side menu.
- On the Domain Privacy page, you can choose the following actions:
- Public radio button to disable Domain Privacy.
- Private radio button to enable Domain Privacy
If you choose the Private option, you'll see the introductory and renewal prices for Domain Privacy beside the Save button.
- Click Save.
- On the next page, choose your preferred Payment Option.
- Click Continue to Checkout.
- In the Your Order Summary section, choose the number of years you want Domain Privacy to be active for your domain.
- Click Place Your Order.
- An invoice will be created within your Customer Portal. Once paid, Domain Privacy will be enabled for your domain name.