Customer Portal - PayPal Billing Agreements
PayPal Billing Agreements allow you to use your PayPal account for any charges to your account, the same way you're able to use a credit card. This guide will walk you through the process of creating a new agreement.
Please click the links below to jump to a section.
Create a PayPal Billing Agreement
You can create a billing agreement any time you purchase a new product or service that allows you to make your first payment via PayPal by selecting to use PayPal Agreement.
Additionally, you can create a PayPal agreement directly from your Customer Portal without an invoice using the following steps:
How to Create a Billing Agreement
- Log in to your Customer Portal.
- Select PayPal from the Billing section of the menu on the left-hand side.
- In the PayPal Billing Agreements Information section, read the disclaimer and click Start PayPal Agreement.
- Log in to PayPal when the pop-up opens.
- You'll need to confirm how you want your invoices paid on the next screen.
- If you want to use your PayPal account balance, Use balance first is toggled On by default.
- Underneath Charge the rest will display the card to which the remaining balance will be applied if there is not enough in your PayPal account to cover your invoice.
- If you want to use a different card, you can click + Add a debit or credit card and complete the steps to add a card.
- Your final option is to apply for PayPal Credit by clicking Apply now and completing the steps.
Once you're done selecting your payment options, click Agree & Continue.
- You have successfully created a PayPal billing agreement and should be redirected back to your Customer Portal!
Manage PayPal Billing Agreements
If you create a PayPal billing agreement and need to make any changes to how you're charged or want to discontinue using it with your HostGator account, you will have to go to PayPal's website or use their mobile app. If you're trying to cancel a PayPal agreement, we have created this guide on How to Unsubscribe via PayPal to walk you through the process via a desktop browser, mobile browser, and the PayPal app.