How Do I Upgrade My Account to a Better Plan?
You may upgrade at any time. There is no contract to keep you in your plan.
Upgrading is made more accessible via your Customer Portal! This article will walk you through upgrading your hosting package within the same tier (for example, from Shared Hatchling to Shared Baby/Shared Business).
Here are the topics discussed in this article.
- How to upgrade your hosting package ⤵
- How to upgrade your hosting package to a different hosting package type ⤵
- Related Articles ⤵
If you would like to know more about the hosting packages we offer before upgrading your hosting plan, please refer to the following article.
How to upgrade your hosting package
(For example, Shared Hatchling to Shared Baby)
To upgrade your hosting plan:
- Log in to your Customer Portal.
- Click Hosting in the left-side menu.
- Locate the hosting plan you want to upgrade.
- If you have a single hosting package in your account, click the Upgrade Plan link beside the hosting plan.
- If you have multiple hosting packages in your account, locate the hosting package you want to upgrade and click its Manage button. On the next page, click the Upgrade Plan link beside the hosting plan.
- A pop-up will appear, showing you the different tiers available for your current hosting plan. Select the hosting plan you want to upgrade to.
You can no longer upgrade if you're currently on the top-tier hosting plan. Depending on your website needs, you may choose a different hosting package instead.
- Once done, click Upgrade Now.
- Please proceed to settle the invoice to finalize the upgrade process. For more information on how to make a payment within the portal, please visit the Customer Portal - Make a Payment article.
How to upgrade your hosting package to a different hosting package type
(For example, Shared hosting to VPS hosting)
You may ask, "Can I upgrade to a different hosting plan?". The answer is Yes, you can!
You can upgrade between two different hosting packages. Upgrading between two different hosting packages would require a server migration. This upgrade involves the following steps:
- Purchase your preferred hosting plan (your "destination" package).
- Submit a request to migrate your data over to your new hosting package.
- Once migration is done, you will be advised to change your name servers/DNS records to check your migrated site (in the destination server) by your migration admin.
- Let your name servers/DNS records propagate.
- Once fully propagated, pull up and check your website.
- If everything looks good on your website, cancel your "old" hosting plan.
For more information about migration, please visit the following article.
- Customer Portal - Make a Payment
- Hosting Comparison Feature Summary
- Hosting Price Chart
- How Do I Choose Which Hosting Plan is Right for Me?