File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Articles
FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol, and is a commonly used method of transferring files from your home or office computer to your web server. A wide variety of programs use FTP, including web design software, HTML editors, site builders, and stand-alone FTP programs.
Here is a collection of some of the most popular articles about FTP. Additional articles can be found by searching our website or in the FTP section.
(Note: items that are not linked below are coming soon.)
Creating & Managing FTP Accounts
- How to create an FTP account in cPanel
- How to create additional FTP accounts - Plesk
- FTP, create an FTP user - Plesk
- How to change your FTP account credentials - Plesk
Publishing & Uploading with FTP
- Where can I download a free FTP?
- Dreamweaver as FTP
- Obtaining and Installing the software
- How to configure Dreamweaver for FTP
- How to manage files with Dreamweaver
- How to transfer files with Dreamweaver
- Core FTP
- Core FTP
- Windows Explorer
- Parallels Plesk SiteBuilder
- Dreamweaver, WordPress Direct, Excite, XSite publishing
Setup / Connecting via FTP
- How to set up anonymous FTP access, requirements - cPanel
- How to set up Anonymous FTP access - Plesk
- How to set up an anonymous FTP message
- How to disable anonymous FTP
- public_ftp folder
Transferring Files Securely
- How to change permissions (chmod) of a file
- How to control FTP sessions
- Can I access my FTP log files?
- Why does my FTP fail to connect?
- Why am I not allowed to upload files?
- My FTP is really slow or disconnects often. Why?
- Common FTP Socket Errors
- Why is my public_html folder suddenly empty?
- Publishing Issues
- Why doesn't my FTP password change when I change my cPanel password?
- I cannot publish anymore with Sitebuilder. How do I fix this problem?