Dreamweaver, WordPress Direct, Excite, XSite publishing
These programs work well for publishing to your primary domain name, but it can be tricky to publish to an addon or subdomain name.
The easiest way to accomplish this is to use the FTP account which is automatically created by cPanel.
- Login to cPanel and click FTP Accounts.
- Look for the account with Directory set to /public_html/addon (where addon is the name of your domain's folder)
- Use the corresponding password and username (the username resembles an email address, i.e. email@example.com)
- If you forgot the password, use the Change Password button.
- When you are ready to publish, use the email-like username and password. Your files will upload to the correct website.
Managing files and sites
Please consult the help documents and support site for the program you are using.