FTP, create an FTP user - Plesk
Different versions of Plesk may have slightly different appearances, but the steps, buttons, and icons are the same.
To create a new FTP user in Plesk:
- Log in to the End User side of Plesk.
- Click on Websites & Domains.
- Click on FTP Access.
- Click on Add an FTP Account.
- Fill out all the necessary information:
- FTP account name: what do you want the login to be? (Required field)
- Home Directory: this will be the highest directory they will have access to. By default, they have access to/for the Subscription.
Do note they will have access to everything below this point. (Required Field)
- Password and Confirm password: type in what the FTP password should be for this user. (Required Fields)
- Hard disk quota: the amount of disk space on the server that the FTP user can occupy.
- Read permission: to allow the FTP user to view the home directory contents and download files from it, select the Read permission checkbox.
- Write permission: to allow the FTP user to create, view, rename and delete directories in the home directory, select the Write permission checkbox.
- Then click on the OK button, and the new FTP user will be created.
Note: You must use the IP address to connect via FTP. To locate the IP Address, go to Web Hosting Access under Websites & Domains.