How to Transfer Files with FileZilla
Once you have connected to the server using FileZilla, transferring files within FileZilla has been simplified to a simple drag-and-drop process.
What do I need to connect to FTP using Filezilla?
Your FTP connection settings - FTP connection information can be found in the cPanel and the Welcome email we sent after you paid for your hosting account.
Your FTP information contains the following information:
- FTP Host/Address: Site IP address or Server Hostname
- FTP User: cPanel/FTP username
- FTP Password: cPanel/FTP password
- Port: 21
- Path/directory: Blank*
To learn more about how to obtain your FTP Connection Settings, review this article: FTP Getting Started.
How to transfer files and folders using Filezilla
Once connected to Filezilla, you can transfer files and folders using any of these methods:
- Clicking and dragging an item from the left local column to the right remote column, or vice versa.
- Clicking and dragging an item from your desktop or open window on your computer to the right remote column, or vice versa.
Any of these methods will copy files from your local machine to the remote server or from the remote server to your local machine.
FileZilla Article Series
- How to Obtain & Install FileZilla
- How to Configure & Connect with FileZilla
- How to Manage Files in FileZilla
- How to Transfer Files in FileZilla