How to Transfer Files Using Dreamweaver
Files can be transferred between your local machine and remote server using the Files panel.
- Click the Connection icon.
- Change from Local View to Remote Server, using the drop-down menu.
- Select file to download by clicking on the file then clicking the down arrow in the top menu.
- Click Yes on the popup when asked if dependent files should be included in the transfer.
- Select Local View. Files transferred should be reflected.
Move Multiple Files
To move multiple files:
- Multiple files can be selected by holding the Ctrl key as you click on each file.
- Files can be downloaded by clicking the down arrow.
- Click No on the popup when asked if dependent files should be included in the transfer.
Transferred files will be displayed when moving over from remote server to local view.
Sync Entire Domain Files
To sync entire domain files:
- Click the Sync button.
- Select the entire domain.
- Select Get and Put Newer Files.
- Click Preview to view the files that will be placed on the server.
- Click OK.
The files will then be synchronized between your local machine and server.
Dreamweaver is a popular Adobe program for creating websites and applications. It supports HTML5, CSS3, PHP, FTP, jQuery and more; and it works with HostGator web hosting.
You can learn more about Dreamweaver by visiting Adobe's website or the video learning portal, Adobe TV. The video in this article is courtesy of Adobe TV.