My FTP is Really Slow or Disconnects Often. Why?
There are a few reasons why your FTP application could be slow or frequently disconnected. This could be due to your passive settings. You can check this by following the instructions below:
Note: We are using FileZilla as an example.
- Launch FileZilla.
- Click on Edit.
- Select Settings.
- Click on FTP and locate Passive mode.
- If Passive Mode is selected, un-select this option.
- If Passive Mode is not set, select this option.
- Try using your FTP again.
If this does not resolve the issue, revert to your previous Passive Mode configuration.
- FTP connection limit: We have eight simultaneous FTP connections limit per connecting IP address.
- FTP Timeout: This time is set on your FTP application. Timeout errors are usually due to a poor internet connection. It is expected to poor custom configuration, a wrong FTP application, or the server is temporarily unavailable in other cases.
- Uploading Issues: If you can connect to FTP, but you get timed out the moment you try uploading something, the content may be blocked by the server. You will need to contact us via phone or chat.