How to Disable Anonymous FTP
Anonymous FTP is disabled by default for the security of your account.
To disable anonymous FTP:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the Files section, click the Anonymous FTP icon.
- Under Anonymous FTP Controls, uncheck both boxes for:
- Allow anonymous access...
- Allow anonymous uploads...
- Click Save.
- You have successfully disabled anonymous FTP.
After completing these steps, you will still see firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com listed in your cPanel FTP accounts, but they are not enabled.
In addition, if you are connecting to FTP and see a pub folder, this does not mean that anonymous FTP is enabled. That folder is not on your account; it is on the server.