What Is My EPP Code or Authorization Key?
An EPP code is an authorization key provided by your old registrar and required by your new registrar to complete a registration transfer for a domain name. You must contact the old registrar to obtain this.
If HostGator is your registrar, you can get your EPP code by completing the following steps. The directions are slightly different depending on when and how they were registered.
Before You Request Your EPP Code
All domain management is coordinated by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), and specific rules are in place for transferring domains between registrars. These are viewable at ICAAN's site (this external link will open in a new tab):
These rules state that the EPP code may be sent only to the email address listed in the publicly-available WHOIS record for that domain.
Per Section 2.1.3 in the document above, authorization can only be given by the Administrative Contact (termed by ICANN the "Transfer Contact") and requires:
Please make sure your WHOIS information is correct and publicly available in order for your request to succeed.
This article describes how to review and correct your WHOIS information:
Domains Attached to a HostGator Billing Account
If your domain is attached to a HostGator billing account, then you can manage your domain through our website, including obtaining the EPP code.
Requesting Your EPP Code
- Log into your Customer Portal.
- Click the Domains tab from the left-hand side menu:
- Find the name of the domain for which you wish to retrieve the EPP Key.
- If you move your mouse over to the More button on the right-hand side, it will expand a list of configuration options for your domain:
- From the left-hand side, select Domain Locking:
- Toggle locking to Locking OFF, the click Save Domain Locking.
- Click the Request Your EPP Key button that should now be visible:
- Your EPP code will now be visible to copy.
Domains With No Billing Account
If your domain is not attached to a HostGator billing account, you can request that we attach the domain to your web hosting billing account, or create a new billing account for the domain. Just contact our Billing department via phone or Live Chat and we'll be happy to help.