How To Cancel My Domain Name
At HostGator, you have full control of your domain(s). If you decide not to renew your domain, you can cancel it anytime within your Customer Portal.
To cancel a domain name, you have to turn OFF its auto-renewal feature in the Customer Portal so you will no longer be billed or invoiced in your account.
To cancel your domain (turn off the auto-renewal feature):
- Log in to Customer Portal.
- Click on the Domains tab.
- In the Domains section, you will see the domains attached to your account.
- Locate the domain you wish to cancel, then click More.
- Under Domain Overview, look for Auto Renew, then click the Change link.
Alternatively, you can also hover over the left-side menu, then select Auto-Renew.
- Under Domain Auto-Renew, slide the toggle to the right to turn OFF the auto-renewal feature.
- Click Save Auto-Renew.