How Do I Cancel My Account?
We're sorry to see you go. If there is anything we can do to keep you as a customer, please let us know.
What do you wish to cancel?
Depending on what subscription you wish to cancel in your account, please click the link below for the instructions.
- Hosting Plan Subscription
- Domain Name Renewal
- Hosting Addons
- HostGator International Accounts
How to Cancel my Shared, Reseller, Cloud, VPS, or Dedicated Hosting Plan
- Log in to your Customer Portal.
- Select Hosting from the left-hand menu.
- In the Hosting Packages section, locate the hosting plan you wish to cancel, then click the Manage link below it.
- On the next page, click the Billing tab.
- In the Billing section, scroll a little bit down and click Cancel Package.
- Read through and complete the fields in the form to submit your cancellation request.
- Make sure to select the checkbox indicating that you give permission to terminate the plan above on the scheduled renewal date.
- Finally, click Cancel Package. Please allow 72 hours for this request to be completed.
How to Delete my WordPress Blog
You have the ability to delete your WordPress blog through your Customer Portal. To completely cancel your WordPress hosting package subscription, please contact us via phone or Live Chat so we can assist you.
To cancel your WordPress package:
- Select the WordPress package you wish to cancel from the Hosting tab of your Customer Portal.
- Click Manage.
- On the next screen, you will see a list of management options for your WordPress.
- To delete your blog, click the Delete WordPress Blog icon.
- A confirmation page will appear. Select the checkbox for Yes, I give permission to delete my installation and files.
- Click Delete Installation to confirm.
Domain Name Renewals
By default, your domain name is set to renew automatically. If you do not wish to renew your domain name, you can disable its auto-renewal through your Customer Portal's Domain section. Please refer to this article on how to enable/disable your domain's renewal feature.
Account Addons & Other Services
To cancel an account addon, please follow the instructions in the appropriate article to complete the task in your Customer Portal.
HostGator India, Brazil, Turkey, etc.
HostGator.com only handles accounts that are purchased from HostGator.com. For cancellation, you would need to contact the company you signed up with. For example, if you signed up with HostGator India, you would need to contact HostGator India to cancel.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Happens After I Submit the Cancellation Request?
You will receive an email immediately confirming we have your request. If you do not get this email back within 1 hour, we did not receive your cancellation request and you will be held responsible for any charges as a result.
Once you know we have your request, please allow us 72 hours to verify your identity and close your account. Your account will remain active until you receive our follow-up email confirming you were canceled successfully.
When Will My Cancellation Be Effective?
Unless you tell us otherwise, your account will be cancelled on the next renewal date, and you will continue to have access to your account until that time. For example, if your next renewal date is in 2 weeks, and you tell us you want to cancel, then your account will stay open for those 2 weeks, then cancel on the renewal date. If you want the cancellation to be effective on any date other than the next renewal date, please let us know when we contact you to confirm your cancellation, so we can cancel the account according to your instructions.
Want to Cancel your Customer Portal Account?
Cancelling your HostGator account will also cancel the Customer Portal. If your HostGator account is active, you must keep your Customer Portal account.