OH SNAP! This article has been deprecated.
The DNS Tool in cPanel allows users to check the DNS for a domain to view potential problems and diagnose any existing DNS issues. To check a domain with the DNS Tool:
- Log into cPanel.
- In the Domains section, click on the DNS Tool icon.
- Select the domain you want to check from the drop-down menu.
- Click Check Domain.
DNS Check Results
The DNS check results will display the following information for a given domain:
- Is the domain registered?
- Is the domain expired?
- Is the domain propagated?
- Do the name servers have IP records?
- Is the domain local?
- Do the name servers have glue records?
- Do the records match up?
- Do you have an MX record?
- Is the website pointed to this server?
In addition, the results are color-coded to help point out the status of each item, showing what areas are fine, what may require attention, and what needs to be fixed in order for the domain to function properly.
If the DNS Tool identifies a problem with a domain's DNS, click the Help me fix this button for instructions on how to correct the issue.