Edit Reseller DNS Zone Template
This feature of WHM allows you to apply a set of default DNS records every time you create a new account.
Modifying the DNS Zone Template can help you ensure that any custom DNS settings you want each account to use are applied to each new account you create.
How to Edit the DNS Zone Template
As a reseller, you are able to update the default DNS zone template that is used when creating a new account.
Warning! Making modifications to the DNS Zone Template can cause major DNS issues and may cause sites not to load.
If you feel uncomfortable or unsure about making these changes, please feel free to contact HostGator support via phone or live chat, and we will be more than happy to assist you with these changes.
To edit the DNS Zone Template:
- Log into your WHM.
- In the left side menu, search DNS Functions.
- Click Edit Zone Templates.
Here you will see three templates.
- simple - Domains with an A record entry only.
- standard - Domains on a dedicated IP address, parked domains, and addon domains.
- standardvirtualftp - Domains on a shared IP address.