Dedicated Server Getting Started Guide
This guide covers the initial setup and configuration of your Linux Dedicated Server or Virtual Private Server (VPS) running Web Host Manager (WHM).
To get started, you may want to check out our extensive 2 part tutorial which will walk you through some of the most vital first steps and initial configurations for your server. This tutorial includes videos that are designed as a mini-course to give you a broad understanding of setting up a cPanel server.
You can also jump directly to the topics you want in our collection of articles. Most articles address specific tasks and features.
How to Register Private Name Servers
- What Are Private Name Servers?
- Step 1: Register Your Private Name Servers
- Step 2: Create Name Server A Records
- Step 3: Configure Name Server Records
How to Initially Configure Your Server via WHM
Setup Accounts & Manage WHM
- See the WHM Getting Started Guide
Additional Features & Bonuses
- Options for Protecting SSH on Dedicated Servers
- How to change the SSH port on Dedicated Servers & VPS
- How to Add Additional RAM and Hard Drives
- OS Reloads