I Forgot My Password and Need a Reset
Below you will find information on how to change passwords for various accounts related to your HostGator web hosting plan. Some password changes may require HostGator support; however, some passwords can be changed in just a few quick steps.
- cPanel ⤵
- WHM ⤵
- Customer Portal ⤵
- Parallels SiteBuilder ⤵
- Email ⤵
- Reseller's Customer ⤵
- Database ⤵
- Website Admin ⤵
- Windows ⤵
Check your Welcome email for the correct user name and password. If that password is not working, please refer to the following article for instructions on how to reset your cPanel password:
- Main FTP account
Check your Welcome email for the correct user name and password. If that password is not working, please refer to the following article for instructions on how to reset your WHM password:
The login is your signup email address and the original password you signed up with.
If that password is not working, please do the following to reset the billing password:
- Go to https://portal.hostgator.com
- Click the Forgot Your Password link.
- Provide the email address associated with your billing account.
- In the email that you receive, follow the instructions to reset the billing password.
To change the password for an email account:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the Email section, click the Email Accounts icon.
- Locate the account you wish to update and click the Manage button to the right of the account listing.
- Under the Security section, enter your new password.
- Click Update Email Settings at the bottom of the page.
Resellers can reset the password for a customer by doing the following:
- Log in to WHM.
- Go to Account Functions.
- Click Password Modification.
- Select the account domain name or username for the account password you wish to modify.
- Type the new password.
Enter your new password again to confirm the change.
- Click Change Password.
A new user with a new password must be created if the password cannot be retrieved through the site configuration file.
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the Databases section, click MySQL Databases.
- In the MySQL Users section, add a new user with the desired password.
- Click Create User to add the new user to the database.
- Change your site configuration settings to the new user name and password.
If the software was installed via QuickInstall, you could reset the password from within cPanel by accessing the installation via QuickInstall. If the software was manually installed, HostGator might not be able to reset your Website Admin password due to custom configurations.
For instructions on how to reset your WordPress password, please refer to the following article:
For Windows Shared packages, please refer to the following article for instructions on how to reset your Plesk control panel password:
For Windows Dedicated packages, please refer to the following article for instructions on how to reset your Plesk admin control panel password:
For instructions on how to reset your Remote Desktop password, please refer to the following article: