How to Change WHM Password
If you have lost or forgotten your WHM password or if you just wish to change it, you can do so using the instructions below:
Reset WHM Password for Resellers
On Reseller accounts, the WHM username and password are the same as the primary cPanel account for the hosting package.
There are two ways in resetting the cPanel/WHM for Resellers:
1. Reset password in cPanel directly or from List Accounts panel of WHM.
Note: Your control panel may look different depending on the theme you are using, however, the steps will be the same for all themes based off of the X3 or Paper Lantern themes.
The steps to change your cPanel/WHM password are as follows:
- Login to the cPanel
- Click the Preferences section of the cPanel. Click on the icon Password & Security icon.
- In Old Password box, provide your old password.
- In New Password box, provide the new password. This password should contain uppercase and lowercase letters, as well as numbers and non-numeric symbols. (example. aB3#$f^&G*1)
- In New Password (again) box, provide the password once again for verification.
- If the option is available, check the box for "Synchronize MySQL password".
Note: This synchronizes your password so that you are able to login to phpMyAdmin via cPanel. Not all servers still have this option.
- Click the Change your password button.
You have now just changed your password. Before you proceed, you will be prompted to log back into cPanel.
2. Reset cPanel/WHM password in the Customer Portal.
- Login to the Customer Portal.
- Click on the Hosting tab on the left menu.
- Click Manage Package
- Under Settings, click on the Reset Password button
Reset Root WHM Password for VPS and Dedicated Servers
To change the root password for your VPS or Dedicated Server:
- Log into WHM.
- Search for Server Configuration in the search pane.
- From the Server Configuration menu, click Change Root Password.
- In the New Password field, enter the desired new password.
- In the Confirm New Password field, retype the new password.
- Click Change Password to confirm your changes.
To reset the root WHM password on your account, we may request additional information to verify your identity. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.