How to Change WHM Password
This article discusses how to update or reset your WHM password. If you have lost or forgotten your WHM password or if you just wish to change it, you can do so by following the instructions below:
- How to Reset WHM Password for Resellers ⤵
- How to Reset Root WHM Password for VPS and Dedicated Servers⤵
How to Reset WHM Password for Resellers
For Reseller hosting, the WHM username and password are the same as the primary cPanel account for the hosting package.
There are various methods in resetting the primary cPanel/WHM for Resellers. Click the links below for the instructions.
Method 1: Via Customer Portal
Password reset can be done here if you have forgotten the old WHM /cPanel password.
- Log in to Customer Portal.
Click Hosting from the left menu.
- Locate your Reseller package from the list, then click its Manage link.
In the Settings tab, click the Reset Password button.
- Create your password, or you can click on the Generate a New Password tab to generate a new one.
- Once done confirming your password, click Change Password.
A confirmation prompt will appear on top, notifying you of the successful update.
You can now log in to the cPanel using your new password!
Method 2: Via cPanel Directly
Want to reset the cPanel password of your Shared or Cloud hosting? To find out how, please visit the article: How to Reset Your cPanel Password?
To change the cPanel/WHM password via cPanel:
- Log in to WHM.
Search and click List Accounts from the left-side menu.
- Locate your Reseller's primary cPanel account. This is usually the main domain of your Reseller hosting. You will also notice that its username is the one listed in your Customer Portal and Welcome email.
Click the cPanel icon beside your Reseller's primary domain.
- In the Preferences section of cPanel, click the Password & Security icon.
- In the Old Password box, provide your old cPanel/WHM password.
In the New Password box, enter the new password. This password should contain uppercase and lowercase letters, as well as numbers and non-numeric symbols. (example. aB3#$f^&G*1)
If the option is available, check the box for Synchronize MySQL password.Note: This synchronizes your password so that you are able to log into phpMyAdmin via cPanel. This is sunset and may not be available in all servers.
Once you confirm your password in the New Password (Again) box, click the Change your password now! button.
Your WHM password is now updated! Before you proceed, you will be prompted to log back into cPanel.
Method 3: Via WHM
If you no longer remember your old primary cPanel/WHM password, no worries! Here is another way of changing your WHM password for your Reseller hosting.
- Log in to WHM. (Need help logging in? Please visit this guide: How Do I Log into WHM?)
Using the search pane on the left-hand side, search for List Accounts.
- Select List Accounts.
- On the right-hand side, locate your primary cPanel account. You will find its username in your Customer Portal or Welcome email and is usually the primary domain of the Reseller hosting.
Click the + icon beside the cPanel's domain.
- In the Change Password field, enter your preferred cPanel password.
- Click the Change button.
A confirmation page will appear, notifying you of the password update.
You may now try logging into your WHM using the new password!
How to Reset Root WHM (rWHM) Password for VPS and Dedicated Servers
To change the root WHM password for your VPS or Dedicated Server:
- Log into WHM.
Search for Root Password in the search pane.
- From the Server Configuration section, click Change Root Password.
- Enter your new password in the New root Password field.
- Click Change Password after confirming your password in the Confirm Password field.