How to Change WHM Password
If you have lost or forgotten your WHM password or if you just wish to change it, you can do so using the instructions below:
Reset WHM Password for Resellers
On Reseller accounts the WHM username and password are the same as the primary cPanel account for the hosting package. This can be changed either from the cPanel directly, or from the List Accounts panel of WHM.
Note: Your control panel may look different depending on the theme you are using, however the steps will be the same for all themes based off of the X3 or Paper Lantern themes.
The steps to change your cPanel password are as follows:
- Login to the cPanel
- Click the Change Password icon (Password & Security in Paper Lantern theme).
- In Old Password box, provide your old password.
- In New Password box, provide the new password. This password should contain uppercase and lowercase letters, as well as numbers and non-numeric symbols. (example. aB3#$f^&G*1)
- In New Password (again) box, provide the password once again for verification.
- If the option is available, check the box for "Synchronize MySQL password".
Note: This synchronizes your password so that you are able to login to phpMyAdmin via cPanel. Not all servers still have this option.
- Click the Change your password button.
You have now just changed your password. Before you proceed, you will be prompted to log back into cPanel.
Reset Root WHM Password for VPS and Dedicated Servers
To change the root password for your VPS or Dedicated Server:
- Log into WHM.
- Click the Server Configuration icon on the home screen.
- From the Server Configuration menu, click Change Root Password.
- In the New Password field, enter the desired new password.
- In the Confirm New Password field, retype the new password.
- Click Change Password to confirm your changes.
To reset the root WHM password on your account, we may request additional information to verify your identity. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.