How to Reset Your cPanel Password
If you have lost or forgotten your cPanel password, you can easily reset it in the Customer Portal.
To reset the cPanel password on your account, we may request additional information to verify your identity. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
Reset in the HostGator Customer Portal
You can reset the cPanel password quickly and easily through your HostGator Customer Portal at https://portal.hostgator.com.
- Log in to your Customer Portal.
- Click Hosting in the left-hand menu.
- Locate the hosting package you wish to edit and click Manage under the domain name.
- Click Settings towards the top of the page.
- Then click Reset Password. Here you can choose to create a password, or you can click on the Generate a New Password tab to have one generated for you.
- Enter and confirm a new password, or generate a new password, and then click Change Password. A green Success message will display at the top of the page, confirming the change was made.
You can now log in to the cPanel using your new password!