How to Reset Your cPanel Password
This article discusses various methods for resetting cPanel passwords. Depending on your hosting type, there are different ways to reset the password of your cPanel.
Please click the links below for the instructions.
Method 1: Via the cPanel Login Page
To get started, you need access to your signup email address.
Note: Your signup email address is also found on the cPanel's Contact Information page.
All cPanel notifications will be sent to the email address shown in that section, including password resets. Please make sure you have access to that email account.
- Enter your cPanel's URL in a browser.
- Click the Reset Password link.
- On the next page, enter your username.
- Once done, click the Reset Password button.
- Enter your signup email address, then click the Send Security Code button.
- Check your email account and take note of the security code.
- Enter your security code, then click Submit.
- Provide your new password.
- Once you confirm your new password, click the Set Password button.
- A successful notification will be displayed on the next page. Click on Log in to cPanel.
- Enter your cPanel username and new password to access your cPanel.
Method 2: Via the Customer Portal
This applies to Shared and Cloud hosting.
To change the cPanel password via the Customer Portal:
- Log in to your Customer Portal.
- From the Hosting menu, locate your hosting package, and click the Manage link.
- Select the Settings tab at the top of the page.
Note: The screenshot below shows the Settings tab of a shared hosting account. For WHM (Reseller/VPS/Dedicated accounts), please refer to Method 3 ⤵.
- Click Reset Password.
- Create your password, or you can click on the Generate a New Password tab to have one generated for you.
- Create and confirm your password, or generate a new password, then click Change Password.
- A "Success" confirmation message will be displayed at the top of the page.
You can now log in to the cPanel using your new password!
Method 3: Via WHM
This applies to Reseller, VPS, and Dedicated hosting.
The WHM allows you to change passwords for your individual cPanel accounts. If you are in Reseller hosting or unable to reset the password via the cPanel login page, follow the instructions below.
- Log in to WHM.
- Using the search bar on the left side, search for List Accounts.
- Select List Accounts.
- On the right-hand side, locate the cPanel account you wish to reset the password.
- Click the + icon beside the cPanel's domain.
- In the Change Password field, enter your preferred cPanel password.
- Click the Change button.
- A confirmation page will appear, notifying you of the password update.
You may now try logging into your cPanel using the new password!
We may request additional information to verify your identity. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.