How to Reset Your cPanel Password
This article discusses various methods in resetting cPanel passwords. Depending on your hosting type, there are different ways on how to reset the password of your cPanel.
Click the links below for the instructions.
Method 1: Via the cPanel Login Page
This applies to Shared, Cloud, VPS, and Dedicated hosting plans
To get started, you need access to your signup email address.
You may notice that the cPanel login page looks different depending on what hosting plan you're trying to access. The instructions below will apply to cPanels of Shared/Cloud hosting and WHM of VPS/Dedicated hosting. For Reseller hosting, please refer to Method 3 ⤵.
- Enter your cPanel's URL in a browser.
- Click the Forgot Password? or Reset Password link.
- On the next page, enter your email address (for Shared/Cloud hosting) or cPanel username (for VPS/Dedicated).
- Once done, click the Request Reset/Reset Password button.
- Click the reset password link sent to your signup email address.
- Follow the steps in the password link.
Method 2: Via the Customer Portal
This applies to Shared and Cloud hosting plans
To change the cPanel password via the Customer Portal:
- Log in to your Customer Portal.
- From the Hosting menu, locate your hosting package, then click the Manage link.
- Select the Settings tab on top of the page.
Note: The screenshot below shows the Settings tab of a shared hosting account. For WHM (Reseller/VPS/Dedicated accounts), please refer to Method 3 ⤵.
- Click Reset Password.
- Create your password, or you can click on the Generate a New Password tab to have one generated for you.
- Create and confirm your password, or generate a new password, then click Change Password.
- A "Success" confirmation message will be displayed at the top of the page.
You can now log in to the cPanel using your new password!
Method 3: Via WHM
This applies to Reseller, VPS, and Dedicated hosting plans
The WHM allows you to change passwords for your individual cPanel accounts. If you are in Reseller hosting or unable to reset the password via the cPanel login page, follow the instructions below to change your individual cPanel account’s password in WHM.
- Log in to WHM.
- Using the search bar on the left side, search for List Accounts.
- Select List Accounts.
- On the right-hand side, locate the cPanel account you wish to reset the password with.
- Click the + icon beside the cPanel's domain.
- In the Change Password field, enter your preferred cPanel password.
- Click the Change button.
- A confirmation page will appear, notifying you of the password update.
You may now try logging into your cPanel using the new password!
We may request additional information to verify your identity. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.