How to Transfer a Google Workspace (Formerly G Suite) Account
If you purchased your Google Workspace account elsewhere, you might be interested in transferring your account to HostGator for the superior service and consolidating your billing into fewer accounts. You can either directly transfer an existing account or delete your previous account and start over from the beginning here at HostGator.
How to Transfer Your Existing Google Workspace Account
To transfer your existing Google Workspace account to HostGator:
- Navigate to http://admin.google.com/TransferToken.
- Sign in with the administrator's username and password for the domain.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Under Enter Reseller's Public Identifier, enter the HostGator Reseller Identifier: C0382y3ag and then click Confirm Reseller Identifier.
- If HostGator is listed as the Reseller, then proceed by clicking Generate Transfer Token.
- Click Copy Code.
- When ordering Google Workspace, you will have an opportunity to enter the transfer token during Step 10 of the guide on the following article:
Once the order is complete, you will then be billed through your Customer Portal instead of through the service where you previously purchased Google Workspace. More information regarding this process is available in this article:
How to Delete Your Existing Google Workspace Account and Start Over
If you wish to delete your entire existing Google Workspace account and only export and retain some or none of your settings from Google Workspace, it is entirely possible to do so, then start over from the beginning.
To delete your Google Workspace account:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Export any user data you want to save.
- Delete all users except for one administrator account.
- Remove all domains and domain aliases (except the primary domain).
- Disable the OAuth consumer key.
To disable the OAuth consumer key:
- From your Dashboard, click the Security icon.
- Click Show More if Advanced Settings is not visible.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Click Manage OAuth domain key.
- Uncheck Enable this consumer key if it is checked.
- Click Save Changes.
- Remove the Google Workspace Marketplace app. Please visit this article for the instructions: Delete any Marketplace applications.
- Cancel your Google Workspace subscription and all other Google subscriptions associated with your domain.
- After cancelling your subscriptions, you might be logged out of your account. If so, please log in again. The new Terms of Service will display.
- You may need assistance from your current provider for help with this step.
- Request any refund of credit that remains after canceling your subscriptions.
- Download or print invoices you want to save.
- Delete your account.
To delete your account:
- Navigate to the Company profile.
- Click Profile.
- Click Account deletion (This option is not available if you have not yet cancelled your subscription.
- Click Continue.
After entirely deleting the Google account, you will purchase a new account from HostGator from scratch and only import data from your previous account as desired.