What is the Difference Between a Seat and an Alias?
Every user in a G Suite account has a primary address for signing into their account and receiving mail. A seat (or license) must be purchased for every individual user to have a primary address. If a user wants another email address, you can create an email alias for them.
What Does This Mean?
What this means is that you will need to purchase a seat for each set of user credentials. These credentials will give access to a single mailbox, but each mailbox may create up to 30 aliases to receive and reply to emails. With one seat (or license), you can have a total of 31 email addresses associated with it.
Each user will continue to only login using their primary email address. If you wish for multiple users to manage email accounts for your domain name, you will need to purchase a seat for each one.
When Should I Buy Additional Seats?
If you need to have more than one person access your domain email addresses or manage more than 31 email addresses for your domain, you will need additional seats.
How Can I Buy Additional Seats?
To purchase additional seats:
- Log into your Billing Portal.
- Click Hosting in the left-hand menu.
- Click Manage under the hosting package where you would like to add the additional seat.
- In the G Suite card, click Manage.
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner of the Shortcuts area and select Upgrade License Count.
- Select the desired total number of licenses, then click the Upgrade Now button to complete your order.
After you have purchased additional seats, you may add them via the Google administrator console. To add users for whom you have purchased seats:
- Log into your Google Administrator Console with your admin account.
- Click the Users icon.
- Click on Add new user in the navigation bar.
- In the new popup window, enter all of the information for the user you wish to create. If you would like to set a password for the user, click Set Password; otherwise, a temporary password will be generated.
- Click the Add New User button in the lower right corner of the popup.
- A new popup window will appear confirming the creation of the new G Suite seat.
- You may opt to email the login details to the new user by clicking More Actions, selecting Email Login Info, and providing an email address where the new user can receive their login credentials.
The new user will now be able to log into G Suite services with the email address and password created for this new G Suite seat!