How to Manage Optimized WordPress
You will be able to install, modify, or delete a WP blog directly from portal.hostgator.com. Optimized WordPress users will have a tabs in their portal just manage their Optimized WordPress installations and email accounts. WordPress Manager will open up the area where the WordPress install(s) will be managed.
How to Install a New Optimized WordPress
To install a new Optimized WordPress (OWP) site:
- Navigate to your OWP site manager in your Billing Portal:
- Click Create Blog:
- Enter your domain name and the name of your blog, then click Add Blog:
- The status of your new blog will then be Installation Pending. Refresh the page after a few minutes and it will then say WordPress Installed:
How to Manage Your WordPress Installation
To manage your new WordPress site, first ensure that your nameservers are updated to the ones provided in your welcome email. Then click on your Hosting tab and return to your manage OWP dashboard:
Next, click the gear icon next to the WordPress installation you wish to manage:
You will then see the following screen:
From here you may perform the following actions:
- Manage WordPress: This icon takes you directly to your WordPress dashboard for WordPress development.
- Cache Settings: Click here to manage your WordPress caching settings.
- Email Accounts: to manage and access the email accounts for your blog's domain.
- CodeGuard: This icon takes you directly to your CodeGuard dashboard to manage your backups.
- SiteLock: This icon takes you directly to your SiteLock dashboard to manage your site's security.
- Manage FTP: This icon will allow you to create and modify FTP accounts for your OWP installation.
- Delete WordPress Install: This option will allow you to delete an OWP installation to make room for a new one on your current plan.