How to Manage Optimized WordPress
Optimized WordPress (OWP) is a new hosting platform specifically built for an optimized and managed WordPress environment. You will be able to install, modify, or delete a WP blog directly from your Customer Portal. Optimized WordPress hosting users will have sections in their Customer Portal to manage their WordPress installations and email accounts.
This article will discuss the following topics:
- How to install a new Optimized WordPress ⤵
- How to manage your WordPress Installation ⤵
- How to delete an Optimized WordPress blog ⤵
- How to cancel an Optimized WordPress hosting plan ⤵
- Related Articles ⤵
If you have an existing WordPress site that you want to move to your Optimized WordPress hosting package, we have a guide on moving your website to HostGator with all the details you need for a successful migration.
How to install a new Optimized WordPress
To install a WordPress on your OWP hosting:
- Log in to your Customer Portal.
- On the Dashboard, locate the Optimized WordPress hosting and click on the Manage Package button.
- Click Create a Blog.
- Enter your domain name and the title of your blog, then click Add Blog.
- You will see the status of your new blog installation on the same page. Refresh the page after a few minutes to see the WordPress Installed status.
How to manage your WordPress installation
For your WordPress site to be accessible, your domain name should be connected to your name servers, which are provided in your Welcome email. For more information about what and where your name servers are located, please visit the article, What are my name servers?
To manage your WordPress install and its features:
- Log in to your Customer Portal.
- Under the Dashboard, locate your Optimized WordPress hosting, then click on the Manage Package button.
Alternatively, you can click Hosting in the left menu to see all hosting packages in your account. Click Manage.
- On the next page, you will see the Optimized WordPress hosting information, features, and options.
The Optimized WordPress Manage section displays the following information:
- Your Optimized WordPress hosting plan.
- Option to switch to another hosting plan in your account (if you have any).
- Manage Plan - More management options (Upgrade or Cancel plan) for your OWP hosting. Please visit these articles to know how to upgrade or cancel your OWP hosting plan.
- Package ID - The unique ID assigned to your hosting plan.
- Renewal Date - This is your hosting plan's expiration date.
- OWP hosting price - This is the amount of your selected hosting plan.
- Current number of blogs - This displays the number of blogs you already installed in your OWP plan.
- Namesevers - The name servers of your OWP plan.
- Domain name - This is the domain where you installed WordPress.
- Hosting IP address - This is the IP address that your site is using. This is basically your domain's A records.
- Search Knowledgebase - You can use this search box to look for support articles you need in our knowledgebase.
In this section, you may perform the following actions:
- WordPress Admin - This section takes you directly to your WordPress Admin dashboard.
- Cache Settings - This section helps you manage your WordPress caching settings.
- Email Accounts - This is where you can manage and access the email accounts for your WordPress blog. For more details about this section, please visit the article, Optimized WordPress - Manage Email Accounts.
- Delete WordPress Blog - This option will allow you to delete an OWP installation to make room for a new one on your current plan. Please check the article, How to delete an Optimized WordPress blog, for the instructions.
- CodeGuard - This feature takes you directly to your CodeGuard dashboard, where you can manage your backups.
- SiteLock - This feature takes you directly to your SiteLock dashboard, where you can manage your site's security.
- Manage FTP - Let's you create and modify FTP accounts for your OWP installation. For details on how to create and access your OWP FTP account, visit the article Optimize WordPress - Manage FTP Accounts.
- SSL - This will allow you to manage your website's SSL certificate.
How to delete an Optimized WordPress blog
If you want to delete a blog, the process is straightforward; However, when you delete a blog, it removes all files for the site and any email accounts you created. We strongly suggest that you make a backup of your website. Once you delete a blog, it can
HostGator included CodeGuard in Optimized WordPress hosting to make sure you have control over your website's backups. Visit the CodeGuard dashboard of your Optimized WordPress account to manage your backup before deleting your blog.
Once a backup is generated, you may now proceed in deleting your Optimized WordPress blog. For more information on how to delete a blog, please visit the article, How to delete an Optimized WordPress blog.
How to cancel an Optimized WordPress hosting plan
Canceling your Optimized WordPress plan will remove the hosting plan in your HostGator account. If you do not wish to continue your Optimized WordPress hosting, you can cancel anytime. Make sure to create a backup of your website as this process is irreversible.
Please visit the article, How Do I Cancel My Account, for instructions on how to cancel your hosting plan.
For more information about Optimized WordPress, here are support articles to guide you.
- Optimized WordPress
- How to Manage Optimized WordPress Email Accounts
- How to Manage Optimized WordPress FTP Accounts