How to Log into Webmail
Webmail is a great feature offered by cPanel. In this video tutorial, we will walk you through creating email accounts in your cPanel and then go over how to log in to your HostGator hosted Webmail once those accounts have been created.
You may also want to visit this article to know more about how to create an email account in your cPanel:
There are two ways that you can log into Webmail:
- Access webmail through cPanel (administrator access only)
- Access webmail via direct links ⤵ (for email users)
Access Webmail via Direct Link
If your domain has propagated, you can access webmail by typing any of the following URLs into your browser's address bar. In the samples below, substitute "example.com" with your actual primary domain or addon domain name.
You can also access Webmail by going through the default webmail port 2095:
The following method does not work for addon domains:
Accessing Horde or RoundCube via Direct Link
As an alternative to going to webmail, you can utilize one of the two default webmail clients through a direct URL – Horde or Roundcube. Enter one of the following URLs in your browser's address bar, replacing "example.com" with your primary domain name.
Logging in to Webmail
Once you go to any of the addresses above, you will be prompted for your email address and password.
- In the Email Address field, type your complete email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In the Password field, enter the password you provided when you created the email account.
If you decide to upgrade your email to Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) or Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365), then the way to log into your email will differ from the steps above.
With Google Workspace, you will log into your email via https://mail.google.com. You will need to enter your complete email address and password if you have already completed the Google Workspace setup and already created at least one email account. If you have not completed those steps yet, please go ahead and finish the setup so you can send and receive emails.
For Microsoft 365 users, you will use Outlook and will log into your email via https://login.live.com. If you need to create an email account, you can follow the step-by-step instructions in the video below or read through the process in this article. If you have not gone through those steps at least once already, you will need to before you're able to send and receive emails.
We have listed down articles that you may find helpful in navigating and setting up your Webmail. Please check out these useful references.
- How Do I Create Email Accounts in cPanel?
- Webmail Email Applications
- How Do I Access My Spam Folder?
- Secure Webmail
- Webmail Programs
- How Can I Set Up Webmail to Go Directly to Horde or RoundCube?
- How to Change Your Webmail Password
- Microsoft 365: How-To Migrate HostGator Email To Outlook
- Microsoft 365: Setting Up Desktop Office Apps
- Google Workspace Email Walkthrough