Setup Email for Desktop with Microsoft 365
In this article, we will address the following topics about Outlook for Microsoft 365 (formerly known as Office 365):
Access Outlook Email Online
- To set up Outlook on your desktop, you will need to log in to your Microsoft portal.
- Use the username and password that you created when the Microsoft 365 account was created.
- Click the Outlook icon in the Microsoft Portal to view your email online.
- Proceed to the steps below for instructions on how to set up Outlook on your desktop.
Setup Outlook Email for Desktop
- Sign in to your Microsoft portal.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click the Install Office button.
- From the drop-down menu, select Microsoft 365 apps.
Note: Click Other install options if you want to select a different language or bit version. By default, it will download the 32-bit, English version. Use this option, as well, if you want to select other apps not typically included in the standard Office suite.
- Pending your browser and device, you may be prompted to allow and save the app file to your computer. Click the Save File.
- Once the file downloads to your computer, open the file and follow the instructions to install the Office app on your computer.
- After installing, open the Office app and log in using your Microsoft 365 email address and password.
Adding more Microsoft 365 email accounts? Here is a video tutorial on how to setup an email account:
For more information on troubleshooting issues with the Office installation, please view the available resources at Microsoft Office Support.