Setup Email for Desktop with Office 365
In this article, we will address the following topics about Outlook for Office 365:
Access Outlook Email Online
- To set up Outlook on your desktop, you will need to log in to your Microsoft portal.
- Use the username and password that you created when the Office 365 account was created.
- Click the Outlook icon in the Microsoft Portal to view your email online.
- Proceed to the steps below for instructions on how to set up Outlook on your desktop.
Setup Outlook Email for Desktop
- Sign in to your Microsoft portal.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click the Install Office button.
- From the drop-down menu, select Office 365 apps.
Note: Click Other install options if you want to select a different language or bit version. By default, it will download the 32-bit, English version. Use this option, as well, if you want to select other apps not typically included in the standard Office suite.
- Pending your browser and device, you may be prompted to allow and save the app file to your computer. Click the Save File.
- Once the file downloads to your computer, open the file and follow the instructions to install the Office app on your computer.
- After installing, open the Office app and log in using your Office 365 email address and password.
For more information on troubleshooting issues with the Office installation, please view the available resources at Microsoft Office Support.