CodeGuard Monitoring and Notifications
CodeGuard monitors your site daily and notifies you anytime there is a change within the source code of the website. Additions, removals, and modifications of files between each version of your website can be viewed in the CodeGuard dashboard.
The changes will appear in the Backup tab of your CodeGuard account in a graph such as the one shown here:
Once a change is detected, CodeGuard sends an email notification to inform you of what files have been changed. Only the changed files are transmitted to CodeGuard's servers to create a new backup for your website.
In the Settings tab, you can set your preferences for email notifications and notification filtering.
There are two settings that can be toggled for email notifications:
- Yes, send email notifiers - This setting will allow you to opt-in to email notifications and further choose how elaborate you'd like the notifications to be by also selecting a notification type.
- No, do not send email notifiers - This setting will disable email notifications when files are edited.
There are four settings that can be toggled for the frequency of backups:
- Never - This setting will disable the backup of the site's files for this domain.
- Daily - This setting will enable a backup of the site's files to be set to every day.
- Weekly - This setting will enable a backup of the site's files to be completed weekly.
- Monthly - This setting will enable a backup of the site's files to be completed once a month.