The CodeGuard Dashboard is a management tool that displays the status of backups and restores versions, keeps track of file changes, and sends notifications to the account owner. This article will provide a brief description of what to expect when navigating through the CodeGuard Dashboard.
We have created a video guide to walk you through the different features of CodeGuard.
Weekly Backup Summary
CodeGuard users will see the Weekly Backup Summary section immediately after logging in to their CodeGuard account.
In this section, you will see the following information:
- The number of websites that are set up with CodeGuard.
- The rate of website data backed up by CodeGuard.
- The number of databases set up with CodeGuard.
- The rate of database data backed up by CodeGuard.
Below the Weekly Backup Summary section, you will also find the Back up a Site, Website Backup, and Other Databases sections.
Back up a Site
Before adding a new site to Codeguard, you'll need to obtain the following:
- Website URL (Same as your domain name: https://example.com)
- Hostname/IP address (Shared IP address or Server Hostname)
- FTP/SFTP username (cPanel/SFTP or FTP username)
- FTP/ SFTP Password (cPanel/FTP password)
- Port number 21
To add a new site to be backed up by Codeguard:ttps://content
- Click the Add FTP/SFTP Website button.
- Fill up the necessary fields.
- Click Test Website Connection.
- Once successful, on the next page, you will need to select your root directory and the website files you wish to back up.
- Click Begin to initialize the backup feature.
By clicking on a site name, users can review the status of their site's backup and access various other features through the following tabs:
This section displays how many files have been modified with each backup and also lists whether the files were added, removed, or edited. Users are also able to see the proportion of the various file types within their current backup as well as request a new backup.
This section displays the databases that have been automatically detected and modified with each backup and also lists whether any lines were added, removed, or edited.
This section allows users to view the number of backup versions on file available to restore. By clicking on the Restore Options button next to an available backup, users can choose from three options:
- Request a zip file of the backup version and potentially replace files manually
- Restore all files from a backup version
- Search for a single file to restore
This section allows users to customize settings for monitoring and notifications. Users can set monitoring frequency and toggle settings for email notifications and notification filtering.
Additional account settings are available in the Settings drop-down menu in the top-right corner of the CodeGuard dashboard.
This section displays any backup issues that CodeGuard is able to detect.
This section shows a list of database backups generated by CodeGuard.
This section displays all notifications sent from CodeGuard to the user's email address, allowing users to track notification history and ensuring that users have a way to be notified at all times.
The Account Disk Usage under Settings in the top-right corner of the page also allows users to view the total amount of disk space being used for their CodeGuard account. The Settings also shows the configuration for your Account and Mobile.