If you’re thinking about starting a website, you need to decide what type of website platform you will use. Many people choose between WordPress or a website builder as the software to manage a website.
HostGator hosted this video as a live discussion on social media about how to decide between WordPress or a website builder.
Benefits of a Website Builder:
- Website builders are easy to use.
- Get online fast.
- Everything you need is included.
What makes HostGator’s new website builder unique from other competitors on the market?
- Free stock photo library included.
- Create a blog. (Other competitors make you choose a website or a blog. Gator Website Builder allows you to do both in the same dashboard.)
- eCommerce package with shopping cart, payment processing, and inventory management.
- Website analytics built in to the dashboard.
To see it in action, watch our video demo of the new Gator Website Builder.
Benefits of WordPress:
- Flexibility = lots of plugins and apps to make your website robust. Some assembly required.
- Design templates = many included. Lots available for purchase online that you can customize further with CSS.
- Multiple user accounts = one of the biggest benefits over a website builder.
Watch the video to learn more about how to decide between WordPress or Gator Website Builder!
Blair Williamson is the content marketing manager for HostGator where she comes up with great ideas for blog content, webinars, and emails to help you rock your business.