If you’re thinking about starting a website, you need to decide what type of website platform you will use. Many people choose between WordPress or a website builder as the software to manage a website.
HostGator hosted this video as a live discussion on social media about how to decide between WordPress or a website builder.
Benefits of a Website Builder:
- Website builders are easy to use.
- Get online fast.
- Everything you need is included.
What makes HostGator’s new website builder unique from other competitors on the market?
- Free stock photo library included.
- Create a blog. (Other competitors make you choose a website or a blog. Gator Website Builder allows you to do both in the same dashboard.)
- eCommerce package with shopping cart, payment processing, and inventory management.
- Website analytics built in to the dashboard.
To see it in action, watch our video demo of the new Gator Website Builder.
Benefits of WordPress:
- Flexibility = lots of plugins and apps to make your website robust. Some assembly required.
- Design templates = many included. Lots available for purchase online that you can customize further with CSS.
- Multiple user accounts = one of the biggest benefits over a website builder.
Watch the video to learn more about how to decide between WordPress or Gator Website Builder!