Shared and Reseller
You may create manual backups, such as the full backup. You cannot schedule backups. We do not supply a script which can backup your data, nor can we help you use such a script.
Linux Dedicated and VPS with cPanel
The following steps will help you create automatic backups:
- Log into WHM using your root username and password. For additional information on how to access WHM please refer to the following article:
- Click on the Backup Configuration link in the Backup section of the WHM menu.
- Select the enable radio button, as illustrated below. This will allow you to configure your automatic backups.
- Select the configuration settings most suited to your backup needs. You will be able to designate numerous configuration options that will contribute to the way your backup is generated and how frequently these backups occur.
- Once you have completed the configuration by selecting all desired settings, press the Save Configuration button on the bottom of the page. You will receive a green Success notification, indicating that you have successfully configured automatic backups.
If you wish to reset all settings, you can use the Reset button to toggle each setting back to the default.
Windows Dedicated and VPS with Plesk 10
You can create a scheduled backup in Plesk. Go to Home > Websites & Domains and click the Backup Manager link, then the Scheduled Backup Settings icon.
Windows Dedicated and VPS with Plesk 9
You can create a scheduled backup in Plesk. Go to Server Management > Tools & Utilities and click the Backup Manager link, then the Scheduled Backup Settings icon.
HostGator Backup System
Please remember that our backups are intended for emergency situations. You should not rely on our backups as the only copy of your content.
Accounts found to be exceeding the 100,000 inode limit will automatically be removed from our backup system to avoid over-usage.
Any shared account using more than 20 gigs of disk space will be removed from our off site weekly backup, with the the exception that databases shall continue to be backed up.