Customer Portal - Manage Packages
Within your Customer Portal, you can manage all of your hosting packages. In this guide, we'll show you how to locate your hosting package information, including your package status, account username, plan type, IP address, server name, plan price, renewal date, and login URL. We'll also show you how you can also enable shell access, reset your cPanel password, and update your primary domain from within this area of your Customer Portal.
View Hosting Packages
Once you log into your Customer Portal, you will land at your main dashboard with quick-access options to manage your package in the Customer Portal or jump directly into your cPanel. Here you can click on the Manage Package button to jump to that package's dashboard.
If you have more than three (3) hosting packages on your account, you can view all of them by clicking Hosting in the main menu on the left-hand side.
Filter Hosting Packages
You may use the Search bar at the top of the Packages page to filter the packages shown or find a particular package.
Manage Hosting Packages
If you click Manage underneath any package, it will take you to the page for managing most aspects of your hosting package.
Along the top of the page, it lists the:
- Primary Domain
- Plan Type
- The next billing renewal date & how much will be charged.
- Nameservers (To view them, hover over the question mark (?) next to NAMESERVERS)
Below that, it has three tabs - Overview, Settings, and Billing. Depending on your package type, you may only have the last two, and that is because certain packages (Dedicated Server, Reseller, VPS, & Windows) manage these settings directly on the server.
This is the default tab you'll land on when you want to manage your package. Across the top of the page are shortcuts to functions within your cPanel. Below them are tiles for the various package addons that HostGator offers. You find out more about these addons and purchase them by clicking the Learn More buttons. If you have an active subscription to any addons, the button will say Manage and allow you to see the subscription's details and manage it.
The settings tab displays your information about your server, such as the name, cPanel username, IP address, the nameservers for your package, and more. On the right-hand side, it gives you options for resetting your cPanel password, changing your Primary Domain, enabling shell access, and then the link for requesting a migration.
Change Primary Domain Name
You can host multiple domains on most packages, and it is not necessary to change your Primary Domain in most instances. However, if you still need to, we've created this guide to walk you through the process: Billing Portal - Change Primary Domain.
Resetting Your Package Password:
If you need to reset your cPanel password, we've outlined the process below on how to do it using a password you create or using the feature that will generate a secure password for you.
- Click the Settings tab and then Reset Password.
- Here you can enter the password you want to use for logging into your cPanel. As you type in the password, the strength indicator will let you know how secure your password is. The lists of Minimum Requirements and Recommended Requirements will turn green (requirement met) or red (requirement not met) depending on whether your password meets the requirements. A message will display directly under the New Password and Repeat New Password boxes, letting you know if the password is accepted or not.
- When you're done, click Change Password at the bottom of the page, and a confirmation message will display at the top, letting you know that the password has been successfully changed.
Using the Generate A Password Feature to Reset Your Package Password
Ensuring you have a strong password is the best step towards protecting your sensitive information, but sometimes it can be a challenge to create unique passwords that fit your security needs. This Generate A Password Feature does the hard work for you and provides you with a safe and secure password of your desired length.
To generate a password:
- Select the Generate A Password tab.
- Enter the Number of Digits you wish the password to be.
Note: "Number of Digits" refers to the number of characters within your newly generated password. It does not indicate that all characters will be numeric.
- Click Generate.
- If you are not satisfied with the new password, you can select Generate again to have a new password generated for you. You can also edit the Number of Digits if you want to make the password longer or shorter.
- If you are satisfied with your new password, please ensure you save it somewhere safe and then click Change Password.
Depending on your package type, changing your password may differ from this method. Check out this article for resetting other package passwords:
The final tab is the Billing tab, and this is where you can see information about the package type you have, when the next billing cycle is, how much is going to be charged, and this is where you would cancel your package.
- Select Cancel Package.
- On the next screen, you'll be asked to provide the reason for cancelation. Check one of the boxes and then click Continue.
- A pop-up will appear. If you would like to speak to someone before canceling, you can select one of the options to contact support; otherwise, click Finish Canceling to complete the cancelation.
- The pop-up will close, and you'll receive a confirmation message letting you know the package was canceled and how long you'll have access to it before it is removed from our servers.
- You're all done!