Links on WordPress All Redirect Back to Home Page
Sometimes, changes to the .htaccess file can cause WordPress to redirect all links back to the home page instead of showing the page requested. In some cases, resetting the permalinks within WordPress will resolve this issue.
To reset the permalinks for your WordPress installation:
- Log in to the WordPress Dashboard.
- In the side panel, Navigate to Settings, then click on Permalinks.
- Make a note of the current setting. (If you are using a custom structure, copy or save the custom structure somewhere.)
- Select any of the Common settings.
- Click Save Changes.
- Now select the previous setting you had before switching to the Common settings.
- Once again, click on Save Changes.
This will reset the permalinks and will most likely fix the issue.
Other WordPress Link Errors
If resetting the permalinks for your WordPress installation did not solve your problem, you may be experiencing one of the link errors below:
- 404 errors when clicking links - If you are getting 404 Not Found errors when you click on links in WordPress, then some code may be missing from the .htaccess file. For help resolving the 404 error codes, please refer to the following article:
- The wrong domain name in WordPress URL - If your blog is showing the wrong domain name in links, redirecting to another site, or is missing images and style, these are all usually related to the same problem: You have the wrong domain name configured in your WordPress blog. For details on how to resolve this problem, please refer to the following article: