How to Change the Password of Your cPanel Account
HostGator has simplified the process of accessing the different parts of your account, by utilizing single-sign-on (SSO) from the Customer Portal. In this video, we will walk you through how to do just that!
However, there may be times where you want to grant someone else access to your cPanel, and they will need the password to access it directly. The steps below will walk you through how to reset it in the Customer Portal.
Reset the cPanel Password via The Customer Portal
- Log in to your Customer Portal.
- On the left-hand menu, click Hosting.
- Click Manage under the domain name.
- Select Settings underneath the account details.
- Click Reset Password. Create a password yourself, or you can click on the Generate a New Password tab to have one generated for you.
- Once you've created or generated a new password, click Change Password.
- A 'Success' message will display at the top of the page, confirming the change was made, and now you can use your new password to log into your cPanel directly.