How to Add/Remove an Email Account
By default, cPanel comes with one primary email account. Instead of using the default email account, we strongly recommend setting up a new email account using the steps below.
Note: If you are managing existing email accounts, we have an additional article regarding how to export and import mail from a mailbox. This may be used to create backups of your mail, as well as to migrate mail from one email address to another or from one server to another.
Users deleting email accounts may wish to use this feature to keep important messages.
Create an Email Account
To create a new email account in cPanel:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the Email section of the cPanel home screen, click Email Accounts.
- To create a new email account, you need to click on +Create.
- Select the appropriate domain to associate with the email from the Domain drop down menu and enter the desired email in the Username. For the Password, enter a password for the email address. This will be useful later when you set up a third-party email program or enter the email account via webmail.
Pay attention to the Strength indicator for the password. You may opt to use the Password Generator button to create a strong password automatically. Just make sure to write down the password that the Password Generator creates.
- Next to Optional Settings, click Edit Settings:
- In the Storage Space section, enter a custom mailbox quota storage size, or select Unlimited.
- To automatically create folders for plus addressing, select Automatically Create Folders.
- To send a message with client configuration instructions to the account, select the Send a welcome email with instructions to set up a mail client check box.
- Select Stay on this page after I click Create to create another email account after creating this one. Alternatively, click Create to create the account and return to the Email Accounts page.
Your new email account will appear in the Email Accounts section.
Remove an Email Account
To delete an email account:
- Go to the Email section of cPanel and click Email Accounts.
- In the Email Accounts section, find the email you would like to remove within the table and click Manage to the far right.
- Locate the Delete Email Account section at the bottom, then click the Delete Email Account button.
- Click Delete to confirm that you want to delete that specific email.
The email account and the emails within the account will be permanently deleted.