How to Add/Remove an Email Account
By default, cPanel comes with one primary email account. Instead of using the default email account, we strongly recommend setting up a new email account using the steps below.
Users deleting email accounts may wish to use this feature to keep important messages.
Create an Email Account
To create a new email account in cPanel:
- Go to the EMAIL section of cPanel, and click Email Accounts.
- Under the Add Email Account section in the Email field, type the first part of the email address.
- Select the appropriate domain to associate with the email from the Domain drop-down menu.
- For the Password, enter a password for the email address. This will be useful later when you set up a third-party email program or enter the email account via webmail.
- In the Password (again) field, enter the password again.
Pay attention to the Strength indicator for the password. You may opt to use the Password Generator button to automatically create a strong password. Just make sure to write down the password that the Password Generator creates.
- For Mailbox Quota, select your preferred quota.
- Click Create Account.
Your new email account will appear in the table below in the Email Accounts section.
Remove an Email Account
To delete an email account:
- Go to the Mail section of cPanel and click Email Accounts.
- In the Email Accounts section, find the email that you would like to remove within the table, and click Delete to the far right.
- A Delete button will appear at the bottom of the list of email accounts to confirm that you want to delete that specific email.
- Click Delete to remove the email account.
The email account and the emails within the account will be permanently deleted.