Setting Private Name Servers as Default to All Accounts in WHM
The following instructions will only set the name server entries in the DNS zones. Your customers must still update their name servers with their registrar. Read more in the following related articles:
Reseller, VPS, and Dedicated Hosting
This sets up the default name servers for the entire server (or the entire account, if Reseller). This will only affect new accounts. Existing accounts will keep their current name servers.
- Log in to WHM.
- From the left-hand navigation menu, click Basic WebHost Manager® Setup.
- At the bottom of the interface, enter the desired nameserver names in the text boxes.
- In the Nameserver 1: field, enter your primary private name server information. For example ns1.domain.com
- In the Nameserver 2: field, enter your secondary private name server information. For example ns2.domain.com
- Click Save Changes.
VPS and Dedicated Hosting with Reseller Accounts
On Dedicated Servers and VPS, you have the option of creating reseller accounts. The following instructions will guide you in setting the default name servers on an individual reseller account created in WHM. Individual reseller accounts can have different default name servers from the default ones set for the entire server.
Like the default name servers for the entire server, this will only affect new accounts. Existing accounts will keep their current name servers.
- Log in to WHM.
- From the left-hand navigation menu, click Reseller Center.
- Select the user/domain from the dropdown list in the Reseller Action section and click Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges.
- Scroll down to the Nameservers section and select Explicitly Set the Nameservers.
- Replace the information after Nameserver 1: field with your primary private name server—for example ns1.domain.com
- Replace the information after Nameserver 2: with your secondary private name server—for example, ns2.domain.com.
- Click Save All Settings.