Customer Portal - Change Primary Email
Within the HostGator Customer Portal, you can change the primary email address for your HostGator billing account. The primary email address should be kept up to date, as this is where we will send important notifications about your account.
For your security purposes, the primary email address is required to belong to the owner of the hosting account. The person answering at the primary email address is assumed to be the account owner or authorized to act on behalf of the account owner.
- If you're logged in as an Admin or Tech user, please reach out to the Primary contact on file when changing the primary email address. For more information about users' roles and permissions, please visit the Customer Portal - Account User and Roles Permissions article.
- For customers using HostGator Website Builder, we do not recommend changing your primary email address to avoid unlinking issues in your account.
How to change the primary email address
To change or update your primary email address:
- Log in to your Customer Portal.
- Click on your profile icon located in the top-right corner, then click My Profile from the list of options.
- In the My Profile & Security section, click Edit on the right to enable all fields, allowing you to edit your account profile.
- Enter your new email address.
We recommend that you do not use an email hosted on your HostGator hosting account as your primary email address. Any issue preventing access to that account or email would also prevent you from using it to recover your account.
- Once done, click Save.
- A pop-up will appear, asking you to confirm your password. Enter your Customer Portal password, then click Confirm.