Website Builder - Mobile Editing
The HostGator Website Builder includes a mobile version of any website you make that can be edited separately from your desktop site, allowing you to add or hide elements unique to each!
This article covers the following topics:
Switch to Mobile Editor
To begin editing the mobile version of your website:
- Log into your Billing Portal.
- Click the Hosting tab, locate the intended package in the listing, and then click Manage.
- In the Website Builder section click on Manage:
- Click the Edit Website button:
- At the top of the editor, click the Mobile button:
Hiding/Displaying Elements on Mobile
Some elements, like sliders, do not work well on mobile websites, even with the automatic repositioning that our templates provide. Our mobile editor will let you hide these elements so that they are not present on your mobile site.
To hide a mobile element:
- Click the element you wish to hide.
- Click the Hide In Mobile button in the popup that appears:
- Click the Yes button in the next popup to finish:
To unhide an element that you have previously hidden:
- Click the Settings button on the left hand menu.
- Hover your mouse over the hidden element you wish to reveal.
- Click the eye shaped icon to reveal the element: