HostGator Website Builder - Getting Started
This article will walk you through activating and loading the editor for a new HostGator Website Builder website. If you want to know more about the available plans and features for our Website Builder, you can read more at the article below:
To activate and get started with using a HostGator Website Builder:
- Log into your Billing Portal.
- If you cannot remember your password, click on the Forgot Password link below the login area, then follow the instructions emailed to the primary email address on file.
- Click the Hosting tab, then Manage under the desired hosting package.
- On the next page, click Learn More in the Website Builder card in the Overview section:
- Choose the plan that best meets your needs then click Build Now or Buy Now to proceed:
- Select the domain you wish to activate the Website Builder for, and click the Continue button:
- If you selected a premium plan, you will be prompted to select a billing cycle and create an invoice (If you selected the free plan, skip to the next step):
- Here you can preview any of the templates before applying it to your site. Once you have decided on a template, click Select to continue:
Warning: When you click the select button, you will be taken immediately to the editor without further confirmation.
- Once the Builder has loaded the Getting Started Tour will be offered.
Note: You can view the getting started guide anytime by clicking the Menu in the upper left-hand corner, then Getting Started Tour.
- You'll now be taken to the HostGator Website Builder editor where you'll be able to edit and publish your new website!