How to import a MSSQL database - Windows Shared
This process cannot be done via the MSSQL client. Instead, it must be completed inside of the control panel using these steps:
To create a blank database on a Windows Shared Server:
- Log in to your control panel. Click Websites & Domains if it is not already selected, then click Databases.
- Click Add New Database.
- Enter a name for the database, and database user. Be sure to select Microsoft SQL Server as the Type. Click Generate to create a password for the database user. Finally, click OK.
To restore a blank database with a database backup file:
- Log into your control panel and click Websites & Domains if it is not already selected, then click on Backup Manager.
- Select Database Backup Repository.
- Click Upload Backup File
- Select the database you wish to import to, then click Browse to select the file you wish to import. Next, click OK to continue.
- Click Confirm the Restoration, then click OK to complete the process.