How to Import a MSSQL Database - Windows Shared
This process cannot be done via the MSSQL client. Instead, it must be completed inside of the control panel using these steps:
To create a blank database on a Windows Shared Server:
- Log in to your control panel. Click Websites & Domains if it is not already selected, then click Databases.
- Click Add New Database.
- Enter a name for the database, and database user. Be sure to select Microsoft SQL Server as the Type. Click Generate to create a password for the database user. Finally, click OK.
To restore a blank database with a database backup file:
- Log into your control panel and click Websites & Domains if it is not already selected, then click on Databases.
- Select Import Dump.
- Check Upload. Choose the File you wanted to upload.
- Select the database you wish to import to, then click Browse to select the file you wish to import. Next, click OK to continue.
- Once done, you will see the Confirmation messages such as below: