How to Create a Server Backup in Plesk
To manually create and download a server backup in Plesk:
Note: This example is using Plesk 12. The steps will be the same for other versions of Plesk, however, the button locations may be different.
- Log in to the control panel as the Admin user. Click on Tools & Settings on the left-side of the Admin homepage.
- Click on the Backup Manager under the Tools & Resources section.
- Click on the "Back Up" button to make a new server backup.
- Add a backup prefix, select Server Configuration and Content, then click OK.
Note: Servers with a large amount of content may wish to use the Create a multivolume backup option.Note: The progress of the backup can be monitored in the Current Backup Tasks tab of the Backup Manager.
- Once the backup is complete, it will be located in the Server Repository tab of the Backup Manager. Click on the green arrow on the far-right side of the backup to download the backup.
- Before the download begins you will need to supply a password to secure the backup. If you lose or forget the password, the backup cannot be recovered. After selecting a password, please click OK to begin the download.