How To Create a Backup of Installation With Softaculous
It is a known fact that backups are essential in a website. If you used Softaculous to install a script, WordPress, for example, you could also use Softaculous to create a backup of your website. This article discusses how to generate a backup of your install using Softaculous.
It is important to note that the size of your backups will occupy a space in your server, so you may also want to be aware of your disk space usage.
- You are logged in to your Customer Portal. You can also log in after clicking the link.
- The hosting package you are attempting to access is either Shared or Cloud. The link will only work for the first type of this package listed in the billing account.
- Log in to cPanel.
Under the Software section, click on Softaculous Apps Installer.
- Click the Installation box. We will use WordPress as an example.
- On the next page, a list of your current installation will be displayed.
- Locate the website you wish to backup.
Click the Backup icon among the icons in the Options column.
- You will be redirected to the Backup information page. It will display the number of backups you currently have and the maximum number of backups you can generate. The Backup Directory and Backup Database are also already checked by default.
- Click the Backup Installation button.
A progress bar will appear.
- Once done, click the Return to Overview link to go back to your current installations.