How to Copy a Database in phpMyAdmin
This tutorial will demonstrate how to copy or duplicate a database in phpMyAdmin.
Begin by accessing phpMyAdmin via cPanel or Plesk. Here are the steps outlined in the video guide above.
- Go to your phpMyadmin.
- Select the database you wish to copy (by clicking on the database from the phpMyAdmin home screen).
- Once inside the database, select the Operations tab.
- Scroll down to the section where it says Copy database to.
- Type in the name of the new database.
- Select structure and data to copy everything. Alternately, you can select Structure only if you want the columns but not the data.
- Check the box CREATE DATABASE before copying to create a new database.
- Check the box Add AUTO_INCREMENT value.
- Click on the Go button to proceed.
- Click on the Home icon.
- You will notice your new database listed in the left column. If you go inside, you will see the database is a copy of the previous database.