How to Configure SiteLock SMART/DB Scanner
The Secure Malware Alert and Removal Tool Database (SMART/DB) Scanner scans your website databases on an on-demand basis and cleans any malware automatically. For this scan to connect, you will need the same FTP account you used to connect your SMART scan.
How to Configure the SMART/DB Scanner
Step 1: Launch Your SiteLock Dashboard
- If you purchased the SiteLock service from SiteLock directly, please go to http://sitelock.com/ and click Login located in the top right-hand corner. Use the email address you signed up with as the username. You may need to request a password reset if you're unable to sign in.
- If you purchased SiteLock from HostGator, please launch the SiteLock Dashboard via your HostGator Customer Portal.
To launch your SiteLock Dashboard:
- Log in to your Customer Portal.
- Click the Hosting tab.
- Locate the hosting package where SiteLock was purchased, then click its Manage link.
- Click the Manage button on the SiteLock tile.
- On the next page, locate the domain where you wish to manage SiteLock. Click the shield icon under Settings.
Step 2: Configure SMART/DB Scan
- Once you have logged into your SiteLock Dashboard and have configured SMART scan, locate the SMART/Database box, then click Configure.
Want to know how to enable your SMART Settings? Please follow the instructions in this article: How To Enable SiteLock SMART Scan.
- On the next page, click Update to configure your Platform Access Settings.
- You will be prompted to provide the following information:
Does your site have an SSL Certificate?
Does your site load to a domain or subdomain?
What is your site's platform? (e.g., WordPress)Please note that the scan can automatically connect to your platform's database, like WordPress or Joomla. If it's neither of the two, you may choose Other from the Platform type dropdown, then provide your database login credentials.
- Once done filling out your Platform information, you will be prompted to provide the FTP credentials you used to connect your SMART Scanner.
- Click the Test Connection button.
- On the next page, please select your website's document root, then click on the This is it button.
This will initiate the process of checking your site's features and connecting the scan.