Enable SiteLock SMART Scan
This article is part of our series on getting started with SiteLock. For other articles and helpful tips on activating and using SiteLock services, please see the following articles:
SiteLock SMART scan is included with the Fix and Prevent SiteLock Plans. The SMART scan will automatically scan your website for malicious code and remove it from your site files. The SMART scan requires setup in order to function on your website and will require FTP credentials for your website's document root.
Use the following steps to enable SMART on your website:
Step 1: Navigate to Your SiteLock Dashboard
- Log into your Billing Portal
- Perform the following actions to navigate to your SiteLock Dashboard:
- Click Hosting from the left-hand side menu.
- Locate the hosting package, and click Manage.
- In the Overview section, click Learn More or Manage within the SiteLock card.
- On the next page, click the shield icon to open the SiteLock Dashboard.
Step 2: Activate SiteLock SMART Scan
- In your SiteLock dashboard, Settings from the left-hand menu.
- Click SMART Settings.
- Underneath the other SMART Scan options, click Show me the wizard:
- You will be prompted for your FTP credentials on the next screen, please enter the following information:
- Leave FTP selected in the drop-down box.
- Replace ftp.example.com with your server name (This may be found in the server information section of cPanel sidebar).
- Enter 21 in the port field.
- Enter your FTP username and password in the appropriate fields.
Note: You may use your cPanel credentials, rather than an FTP account that is restricted to your domain name, this will allow Sitelock to see your entire home directory in the next step.
- Click the Test Connection button.
- Next, select the document root for your domain. Your primary domain's document root is public_html. If this is an addon domain you will need to locate the folder that contains the files for the addon domain:
Note: You may find the document root for an addon domain in the Addon Domains icon in cPanel.
- Click This Is It to finish the setup.
Once the setup is complete, your SMART scan will run daily and remove any malware it finds.