How to Adjust Email Quota in cPanel
When creating email accounts in cPanel, users have the ability to set the email quota (mail storage) for each email account. It can also be adjusted manually if a user is expecting an influx of incoming emails or if a user is about to exceed the allotted quota.
Shared hosting plans are allowed unlimited disk space, bandwidth, and email quota; Reseller, VPS, and Dedicated Server plans, however, must be mindful not to exceed their allotted resources.
How to Change an Email Account's Quota (Email Storage)
The steps below will provide you a quick and easy walkthrough of how to update the quota for an email account.
- Log in to cPanel.
- Navigate to the Email section.
- Select the Email Accounts icon.
- Scroll down to the email address for which you need to update the quota (storage) resources.
- Next to the desired email address, click on the Manage button.
- Navigate to the Allocated Storage Space. Type in the new preferred quota or select the Unlimited option.
- Click Update Email Settings.
Once you have completed the steps above, the changes will be implemented immediately.