Update: No longer accepting entries. Deadline has passed.
January is the time for new year resolutions. 2020! Can you believe it? The new year brings so much excitement. A fresh start. New goals. And a whole year to accomplish them.
As the calendar turns to 2020, what do you want to accomplish this year? Forget weight loss or running marathons…
How about starting a new online business? Or finally creating that blog to share your ideas and expertise?
The most successful people set SMART goals – Specific, Measurable, Attainable, and Time bound. That’s why we’re setting a time on the calendar, breaking the task into 7 days, and we’re all going to create our websites together.
Sign up today for HostGator’s New Year, New Website Challenge.
It starts with 1 email from us per day and ends with your new website published in 7 days!
And, to up the game a little, there’s a race to the finish. We’re giving out prizes to the first 50 people that complete the course and publish their website!
How it works:
The challenge consists of a 7-day email series that guides you through the process of creating a website. And we’re all starting at the same time and working through it together.
The email series starts on January 6, 2019 and ends on January 12, 2019.
Each day you will receive an email with a lesson and a little “assignment” from us. We’ll walk you through the process of how to build a great website in 7 days.
You don’t need to purchase anything to get started. On day 5, we’ll walk you through how to choose a package. (But, note: You do need to purchase a hosting plan with HostGator in order to enter your website in the contest. See full details below.)
After you publish your new website, come back and fill out the form below to be entered to win the HostGator prize pack.
What you will learn:
This email course will walk you through a thoughtful process of how to plan, organize, and build your first website. We’ll cover all the bases from FREE worksheets on how to research your competitors, all the way to quickly writing pages and step-by-step instructions for website design. Here’s the course outline:
- Create your website plan.
- Do audience & competitor research.
- Outline your website structure.
- Write your copy.
- Choose your domain, hosting, and software.
- Website design.
- A process to review your site and publish.
The Challenge Details:
- The challenge will run from January 6-12, 2020. All published website entries must be submitted by January 31, 2020.
- The first 50 individuals to complete the course and publish their website will receive a HostGator prize pack to include a Snappy plushie and HostGator t-shirt.
- The first 10 entries to meet all the requirements will receive the grand prize pack to include a Snappy plushie, Yeti travel mug, $20 Starbucks gift card, and a HostGator t-shirt.
How to Enter:
Must complete the following for valid entry:
- Sign up for the email course by January 5, 2020.
- Complete the email course that runs January 6-12, 2020.
- Submit your published website entry by January 31, 2020, by filling out the form below.
- Website must be published with the following:
- At least 3 unique pages (such as a home page, about page, and contact page);
- One call to action; and
- Content (such as copy and/or photos) on each of the 3 pages.
- The contest is open to first-time publishers. The web hosting plan can be purchased prior to the email course challenge, but the website must be published between January 12, 2020 and January 31, 2020.
- Website was not published prior to January 12, 2020.
- Website was purchased with HostGator and is currently hosted with HostGator.
- Entrants must be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (and the District of Columbia) and at least 18 years of age at the time of entry.
- Any hosting package is eligible, so long as the website is published in WordPress or Gator Website Builder.
- HostGator affiliates are not eligible.
The Legal Stuff:
*The HostGator New Year, New Website Challenge Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States (and D.C.), 18 years or older. Contest starts on January 6, 2020, at 06:00 AM EST and ends on January 31, 2020, at 11:59 PM EST. Void where prohibited. For full entry details, see Official Rules at https://www.hostgator.com/newyearnewwebsitetos. Sponsored by HostGator, 2500 Ridgepoint Drive Ste C, Austin, TX 78754 (the “Sponsor”). Yeti and Starbucks are not sponsors or participants in the Contest and make no endorsement of the Contest.