The average side-hustler spends 11 hours per week on their secondary work, according to The Hustle. With little extra spare time after work and with all your social responsibilities, it can seem impossible to find an additional 11 hours a week to dedicate to building your side hustle.
The good news, however, is brilliant side hustlers have provided excellent resources to help you learn how to side hustle—and you can do it all on your way to and from your 9-5. All you have to do is turn up your speakers and tune into a podcast.
Not only will these seven podcasts help you learn-on-the go, but they will also provide the extra inspiration you may need to get your feet off the ground. Let’s take a closer look.
1. Side Hustle School
Side Hustle School offers a slew of resources for side hustlers. You can enjoy one of their daily episodes, read their new book and even join their online community to connect with like-minded individuals.
With over 134 weeks of podcast material, you can start from the beginning and work your way through or you can pick the episodes most relevant to you.
Here are some of the most recent episodes to give you a better idea of their content:
- Tech Broker Moonlights as Luxury Lifestyle Artist
- Texas Couple Turns Test Scores Into Treasure
- Weekly Recap: Finding Purpose Through Alternative Work
2. Side Hustle Nation
Are you looking for a podcast that will teach you how to create new income streams, ditch the 9-5, and build a business you love? Then, look no further than Side Hustle Nation.
The Side Hustle Nation podcast offers ideas and insight into how you can start and grow a successful business.
Here are some of the most recent episodes:
- A Millionaire Business Coach Takes a Look Inside My Day-to-Day
- Virtual Consulting: How to set up your location-independent Consulting Business
- Hiring Your First Virtual Assistant: When, Where, and How to Do it Right
3. Side Hustle Pro
Side Hustle Pro is an awesome podcast that spotlights bold, Black female entrepreneurs that have scaled their side hustle into profitable businesses.
Host, Nicaila Matthews Okome, will guide you through inspiring interviews that will help you make a name for yourself.
Take a look at some of the most recent episodes:
- 156: Side Hustle Spotlight: How this Nurse Started Her Natural Skincare Business on The Side (Aliyah Jenkins of Body Treats)
- 155: Entrepreneur-In-Residence: This Data Scientist Just Launched A Cutting-Edge Home Laser for Black and Brown Skin (w/Lisa Pegram of Belle51)
- 154: Meet the Black Bridal Designer at the Forefront of the WEdding Industry (w/Andrea Pitter Campbell of Pantora Bridal)
4. The Side Hustle Project
Not only is The Side Hustle Project a great podcast for learning what it takes to start and grow a profitable side hustle, but Ryan Robinson also offers free resources to help you grow.
Ryan Robinson will guide you through interviews, business challenges, proven strategies, and hands-on tactics all in the name of helping you build your dream business.
Recent episodes include:
- Kaleigh Moore on How to Go From Freelancing on the Side to a Profitable Freelance Writing Business
- The Psychology and Strategy Behind $148,823.65 in Online Course Sales with Spencer Lum of Extra Bold
- How Kat Cole Hustled from Hooters Waitress to President of a Multi-Billion Dollar Food Empire
5. Two Inboxes
Two Inboxes is the perfect name for a podcast about learning how to tackle life with more than one job, multiple projects, and at least two inboxes.
If you have a side hustle, you’ll love hearing Molly Ford Beck, the host, and a side hustler herself, interview guests that are experiencing success in their day jobs as well as their entrepreneurial venture.
Top episodes include:
- Greg Dybec, Elite Daily and Author
- Brisa Trinchero, ShooWin and Broadway Investor
- Bhargavi Arrunategui, LexisNexis, Cinderella Bridez, and Amway
6. Entrepreneurs On Fire
John Lee Dumas is the host of this award-winning podcast, Entrepreneurs On Fire. When you tune in to this podcast, you’ll hear inspiring stories of entrepreneurs that will help you on your journey of growing your side business.
This podcast already has over 2,000 interviews and includes advice from popular businesspeople including Barbara Corcoran, Tony Robbins, Seth Godin, Gary Vaynerchuk, Tim Ferriss, and more.
Here is a list of the most recent episodes:
- How to Lead Millennials With Chris Tuff
- Arno Rafael Minkkinen’s Commencement Address: Finding Your Own Vision
- How to Make This Moment the Perfect Starting Point for Your Business With Stephen Lovegrove
7. Smart Passive Income
Smart Passive Income is a podcast that focuses on helping you earn money without a lot of continued effort. And, who doesn’t want that? Of course, building a side hustle isn’t effortless, but there are some businesses and strategies that will help you set up a more residual income base.
Pat Flynn, the host, interviews founders of online businesses that have successfully set up smart passive income streams. You’ll enjoy hearing practical advice about how to grow your digital business—a digital business that generates passive income.
Some recent episodes you won’t want to miss include:
- SPI 381: Self-Publishing versus Traditional Publishing
- SPI 380: 5 Hard Truths About Writing and Publishing Books
- SPI 379: How Books Increase Our Authority and Leadership with Azul Terronez
Listening Your Way to Side Hustle Success
Starting a side hustle is no small feat. It requires dedication, heavy research, and access to the right resources to help you hit the ground running. Thankfully, all the podcasts listed above will provide inspiration to help you get inspired, stay motivated, and learn the tips and tricks you need to learn to launch your business and propel it forward.
The best part? You can learn everything you need to learn about starting your side hustle while you’re on the go.
While podcasts are a top resource to help you grow your business, podcasts only offer education. For a tangible resource to help you take the first steps—building your side hustle website—you need the help of a top website builder. Check out Gator Builder today.
Ashley R. Cummings is a professional freelance writer specializing in SaaS, tech, and advertising/marketing. In a previous life, she was a Russian teacher at Brigham Young University, a corporate trainer, and a grad student—all at the same time. When she’s not writing, you can find her traveling the world with her 2 kids and husband, reading poetry or taking a deep dive into the fabulous world of comedy. Connect with her on Twitter at @ashleyrcummings.