HostGator Software and Program Versions
HostGator offers a variety of software for shared and reseller servers.
|PHP||5.5, 5.6, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4 (dual environment)|
Available only on dedicated and VPS
11.78.x (auto-updated to the latest version)
GD / Image Magic
All shared and reseller accounts come with:
- Linux x86 CentOS 6 and 7 (a free version of Red Hat) 64-bit Operating System
- Kernel - Latest stable release, updated as needed
- Apache 2.4.x, (Includes mod_rewrite and mod_security) in a SuExec environment
- Outgoing email (SMTP) = Exim 4.x (Exim)
- Incoming email (POP3 and IMAP) = Dovecot 2.x (Dovecot)
- WHM 11.78.x (Auto-updated to the latest version)
- cPanel 11.78.x (Auto-updated to the latest version)
- PHP is run as CGI (Not Apache/DSO) in a suPHP environment. Please see the chart above for your specific server version.
- Zend Optimizer 3.3.9
- PEAR 1.10.x
- ionCube 4.2.2
- ionCube Loader 10.2.x
- GnuPG 2.0.14
- GD2 Library 2.0.34
- openSSL 1.0.1e-fips (For PHP)*
- PHP Modules - full list
- phpMyAdmin 3.2.4
- MySQL Database 5.6.x (CentOS 6 servers use 5.6.x, CentOS 7 servers use 5.7.x)
- Ruby 1.8.7
- Ruby Gems 1.8.30
- Ruby on Rails 2.3.18
- cURL 7.19.x (Also libcurl and PHP/CURL)*
- PERL 5.10.x, PCRE Library Version 7.8 (cPanel provides PERL 5.26.x binary)
- Python 2.6.6 (Default), 2.7.8, and 3.5.1 (For non-default versions, use either 'scl enable python27 bash' or 'scl enable rh-python35 bash' after every login. These can also be set as the login default using 'source scl_source enable python27' or 'source scl_source enable rh-python35' in the .bashrc file.)
- ImageMagick 6.6.x
- Ghostscript 8.15.x
- RoundCube, Horde (Auto-updated by cPanel)
- Blogs (WordPress), CMS (Drupal Hosting and Joomla), Discussion Boards (phpBB Hosting), Shopping Carts (Magento Hosting), Image Galleries, php Mailing List, Sitebuilders, Wiki Hosting
* Although some versions of our available software may seem out of date, it’s important to know that we use CentOS on Linux to receive regular upstream patches from Red Hat.
Full List of Programs
This list includes software available for installation via Softaculous, as well as site-building software already installed. A few items require downloading software from the creator's website, like WHMCS.
Please note: This list is subject to change.
- Blog Software
- Customer Relationship / Chat Software
- Crafty Syntax Live Help
- Help Center Live
- X7 Chat
- CMS (Content Management Software)
- Development Software
- eCommerce Software
- Tomato Cart
- vTiger CRM
- Zen Cart
- eLearning Software
- ePortfolio Software
- Forum Software / Discussion Boards
- Advanced Electron Forum
- Simple Machines Forum (SMF)
- Gallery Software
- Hosting Billing
- WHMCS (free license with a reseller or dedicated accounts only)***
- Mailing Lists
- Dada Mail
- Polls and Surveys
- Project Management Software
- Push Software
- Site Building Software
- Trendy Site Builder
- Social Networking Software
- Wiki Software
- TikiWiki CMS/Groupware (Tiki)
** No software to install, simply request access. Click the link for more details.
*** Includes a license only. The download is available from the creator of the software.
We do our best to keep software and program versions as up-to-date as possible. Our technical team regularly evaluates software updates and pushes updates across HostGator's servers after they are deemed secure and appropriate for HostGator's shared hosting environment.
When resellers request a copy of WHMCS, we provide the WHMCS 5.2.4 installation package.
VPS plans come with Virtuozzo 4.0 (currently upgrading to 4.6). VPS has optional cPanel + WHM.