PHP Settings that Cannot be Changed
Shared packages (including Cloud Sites and Resellers) are hosted in carefully managed environments. They have certain limits on what can be changed to maintain the stability of the server. Dedicated Server and VPS customers may change all the settings in the php.ini file and do not have the same limits as Shared and Reseller hosting.
Shared (Including Cloud Sites and Resellers)
PHP has been configured to use the following settings on our shared and reseller servers:
safe mode = Off(cannot adjust)
memory_limit = 256M(MAXIMUM)
max_execution_time = 30(MAXIMUM in seconds)
max_input_time = 60(MAXIMUM in seconds)
post_max_size = 64M(MAXIMUM)
upload_max_filesize = 64M(MAXIMUM)
enable_dl = Off(cannot adjust)
The above settings either CANNOT be changed or exceeded on Shared and Reseller accounts. These limits are set to prevent extremely high resource usage in shared environments. We have found that most PHP scripts will work within these limits, and the scripts that require more resources are best suited for a VPS or dedicated server.
Dedicated Servers and VPS
Dedicated server and VPS customers can change these settings to any value desired by following the steps below.
- Navigate to WHM > Software > MultiPHP INI Editor and then following the steps below.
- With the Basic Mode tab selected, choose the version of PHP you want to update.
If you would like to make the changes by editing the INI file manually, then you can follow these steps:
Settings You Can Change
We also set the following:
register_globals = On magic_quotes_gpc = Off
These two settings, and any other PHP settings not aforementioned, can be changed using a custom php.ini file located in the same folder as the script that requires the settings.
- Modify the settings you want to change.
- Click the Apply button at the bottom of the page, and once the changes have been applied, you'll see a "Successfully Applied" message on the upper right-hand side of the screen.
- Select the Editor Mode.
- Edit the file as you would like.
- Click the Save button on the upper right-hand side.