Optimize CPU Resource Usage
Excessive CPU resource usage is usually caused by:
- Inefficient third-party add-ons (themes, plugins)
- Outdated code
- Misconfigurations (PHP/configuration settings)
The following suggestions are possible solutions for optimizing your CPU resource usage. While these suggestions are intended to help reduce the number of resources consumed by your website, they are not guaranteed to resolve resource usage issues.
Optimize your scripts
If you are utilizing a CMS or script, you may need to perform some simple optimization steps.
Additional optimization tips
Some additional steps you can take to avoid CPU resource usage issues include:
- Generating a flat HTML page for popular content
- Enabling caching, which is available through many popular scripts
- Disabling high CPU usage features such as searches or Ajax refreshes
- Disable the IDLE function for any email clients connecting to your server